List of Occupations: ***????

Using this information would be way too tedious for dining arrangements. I think this is a form of free marketing information. They are pretty much letting their sailing passengers tell them who's their target market in each cruise market/itinerary, or at least give them an idea.

I agree. I've given this some more thought, and I still think this is a pretty weak marketing tool. If there is one thing we all know, cruisers do come from all walks of life. So I think the broad demographic has been rather well established.

If I were in charge of it, I would ask a different question. One that a lot of organizations and entities ask. It would of course be optional, but I think it would be far more useful. I would ask the range for the household annual income. From a marketing standpoint, know how much one spends in relation to how much is earned is a lot more valuable than knowing if they are "blue collar" or "retired" or a "nurse".

I agree. I've given this some more thought, and I still think this is a pretty weak marketing tool. If there is one thing we all know, cruisers do come from all walks of life. So I think the broad demographic has been rather well established.

If I were in charge of it, I would ask a different question. One that a lot of organizations and entities ask. It would of course be optional, but I think it would be far more useful. I would ask the range for the household annual income. From a marketing standpoint, know how much one spends in relation to how much is earned is a lot more valuable than knowing if they are "blue collar" or "retired" or a "nurse".

Yeah, but as far as I'm concerned that is even less of their business than what I do for a living. I almost never answer the question when it is asked.

God I hope so, I'm sure I don't fit the traditional mold of upper level management and would be so amused to be at a table full of them :)

I'm kinda curious ... what kind of place are you in upper level management of ?