Bringing Water/Pop On Oasis

Jozy92

I just wanted to check before our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in January.

Is it still ok to bring water/ Pop on board with you on boarding day?

Did anyone have any problems with that recently?

What is the maximum you can bring per stateroom ?

One case of each water and pop or just one case of one of them?

Also is it better to bring a duffle bag to put it in?

We just came off the Oasis on Saturday.

We placed a case of water in our small carry-on luggage, placed our room tag on it and left it with the porter at the pier. It arrived in our cabin with the rest of our luggage.

We flew out of NY. On the plane with took with us a small carry on that was empty. Once in FLL we purchased water (there was a Walgreens across the street from our hotel). The small carry-on later came in handy to place our clothes in (from the night before) the morning we were disembarking.

Enjoy your trip.

I just wanted to check before our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in January.

Is it still ok to bring water/ Pop on board with you on boarding day?

Did anyone have any problems with that recently?

What is the maximum you can bring per stateroom ?

One case of each water and pop or just one case of one of them?

Also is it better to bring a duffle bag to put it in?

Technically against the rules to bring any water or soda on board, but rarely enforced.

I just tape a luggage tag to a 12 pack of coke and give it to the porters. I figure if it's doesn't show up in my cabin I'm only out a few bucks, and it has never not shown up. As for it being against the rules, I leave it up to the porters to know what is allowed and what isn't.

a case is 24 bottles /7 days ...about 4 bottles a day....sure, thats not a reach

You're on vacation on a cruise ship with how many bars and you're drinking 4 bottles of water per day? That doesn't sound like any fun! ;)

I bring soda and water on every cruise. I've even seen people put a luggage tag on a case of water at the pier, but I don't know how that ended. Anyways, the security getting on the ship is not run by the cruise line so they don't really enforce the line's policies on that stuff. Just put it in an suitcase you are carrying on and you'll be fine. If they do care your only out $5bucks right?

Are you really going to drink a case of water & soda in a week?

I typically drink 2 cases or more on a cruise. Lots of water in the morning and late night probably keep me from ever having issues drinking plenty at the bar. Got the premium beverage package last cruise and bottled water as included. I definitely got my monies worth. I love the new packages!

I usually buy the soda card, but, don't always feel in the mood for carbonated beverages, so I bring along a water bottle, with my Crystal Light packets, and MIO containers

I guess I should have remembered from my last RCI cruise that they no longer make any facilities available to fill my water bottle with ice water, except in the Windjammer, where I have to take however many water glasses it will take to fill it up (usually, 2.5), and if the Windjammer is closed, I'm out of luck

They're calling it for 'Health and Safety' reasons

Yeah, right. Go ahead, RCI, tip me upside down, and keep shaking for every nickle