The Upsell Fairy Has Landed!

waitingforvac

Opinion - Did I get a decent deal?

Hubby and I Leave on December 19th on the Splendor for 8 nights. I originally booked an interior cabin on deck 8, category 4J.

Received a call this morning from the Upsell Fairy (first one ever) offering me the following:

Upsell to a balcony cabin on deck 6 for $220.00 total for the both of us

Upsell to an ocean suite on deck 7 for $500.00 total for the both of us

Didn't consider the offer on the balcony, as when we had booked back in August (and were thinking - at the time - economical holiday cruise), this total was about the difference between the interior and the balcony cabins.

Decided to take the offer of the ocean suite for $500 (Rationale - As we will be leaving from NYC and will have at least one chilly day at sea on the way down and the way back, we might be in the room more often than usual and it would be nice to have a little extra room).

Before agreeing to the deal, I did ask if the offer for the OS could be a little better, and of course was told that it was the best they could.

Do you think I received a good deal?

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Edited by waitingforvac

If you are comfortable with what you paid then just delete this thread and move on with your cruise. It doesn't matter what we sday because there will be people here that would never pay for a suite.

I'm sure that the $500 is cheaper than the normal suite price so you probably got some sort of a deal. But seriously - you paid it because you wanted it. That's what matters.

Someone else will always get a better deal than you. DOn't play this silly game about how good of a deal you got.

If you are comfortable with what you paid then just delete this thread and move on with your cruise. It doesn't matter what we sday because there will be people here that would never pay for a suite.

I'm sure that the $500 is cheaper than the normal suite price so you probably got some sort of a deal. But seriously - you paid it because you wanted it. That's what matters.

Someone else will always get a better deal than you. DOn't play this silly game about how good of a deal you got.

Wasn't trying to stir any pot, I guess my excitement of going up from an interior got the best of me - thank you for your opinion. I have been looking all over the board on how to delete my post - please advise on how to do so.

Happy Holidays.

Wasn't trying to stir any pot, I guess my excitement of going up from an interior got the best of me - thank you for your opinion. I have been looking all over the board on how to delete my post - please advise on how to do so.

Happy Holidays.

Woaaaaaahhhh there sparky. I wasn't trying to be snarky. sorry if it came accross like that.

I was just trying to say be happy with what you did and don't worry about what others paid for their upgrade because no matter what someone else will always have found a better deal than you.

Only a Mod / Host can delete threads.

Hubby and I Leave on December 19th on the Splendor for 8 nights. I originally booked an interior cabin on deck 8, category 4J.

Received a call this morning from the Upsell Fairy (first one ever) offering me the following:

Didn't consider the offer on the balcony, as when we had booked back in August (and were thinking - at the time - economical holiday cruise), this total was about the difference between the interior and the balcony cabins.

Decided to take the offer of the ocean suite for $500 (Rationale - As we will be leaving from NYC and will have at least one chilly day at sea on the way down and the way back, we might be in the room more often than usual and it would be nice to have a little extra room).

Before agreeing to the deal, I did ask if the offer for the OS could be a little better, and of course was told that it was the best they could.

JMHO, but I think you got a very nice upsell. I'd always take an "outside" cabin vs an interior, and a suite for that price would be even better!

Again, JMHO, but enjoy!

I would have done it and have done it. I go with the attitude I or hubby may not be here next week so I am living it like the song says...Live like your dying.

I have always liked the suites and feel it best fits me, just be aware......its hard to go back to the inside and balcony once you have a suite ;) Enjoy your cruise and HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Woaaaaaahhhh there sparky. I wasn't trying to be snarky. sorry if it came accross like that.

I was just trying to say be happy with what you did and don't worry about what others paid for their upgrade because no matter what someone else will always have found a better deal than you.

Only a Mod / Host can delete threads.

I too wasn't trying to be snarky in my response to you. I do appreciate you (and everyone else) for taking the time to post a response. The use of the word "deal" was a mistake on my part - I had made the decision on my own and plan to surprise my husband on board.

I agree with all the comments that in the end, it's about what makes me happy - and being able to do this for him absolutely does!

Again, thank you to everyone for taking the time to post - I plan to write a review when I get back.

P.S. - I loved the "sparky" line - made me giggle in a good way!!

I would have taken it...love the extra room!!

Someone else will always get a better deal than you. DOn't play this silly game about how good of a deal you got.[/QU

Better deal

Edited by lilmizz

Considering how expensive Christmas cruises are, I think you did great. I would have grabbed the suite also. Had looked into a suite for our 4 day leaving on the 26th & it was over $700pp more than our balcony.

Enjoy your cruise!!