New Menu Rollout

Pjnc

Hi

Does anyone know about when the Sunshine will receive the new menus?

Looking at what they have to offer at this moment I am not impressed.

Does anyone know if they still will offer the baked potato and steamed vegetables as options? Not a fan of the pureed stuff and am wondering if I should cancel a upcoming cruise while I have the option to do so.

Any information as to choices is appreciated.

Thanks

pat

murrells inlet, sc

What happened to the healthy dinner options?

I agree with the op.

I want the option of steamed veggies.

From what I see most of the veggie options have added fat.

Bacon, oil, butter, cheese, sour cream.

It is a once in a while kind of menu to me, not an everyday for a week kind of thing.

Really.

Will they still have sherberts available?

Or just the deserts on the main menu?

Have they changed the breakfast and lunch menus too?

These dinner menus accompany the brunch menu with the abbreviated and fatty breakfast choices?

Not a fan of the pureed stuff and am wondering if I should cancel a upcoming cruise while I have the option to do so.

Not flaming you at all, but would you really consider cancelling an entire cruise over mashed potatoes???:confused:

If you look at the released menues

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm

You'll see that there are two potatoes offered each night. Most night that seems to be one mashed and one baked but they vary a little. The vegetable sides seem to be mostly roasted or sauteed.

Thanks for posting the menus...I must say they look better when you look at them in more detail...I see my beloved Greek Salad is on there one night

I will miss the fruit soups...seems they could add one or two back on ?

I also think the "tease" and build up stuff "brilliant" actually works against Carnival sometimes. Why didn't they just post all the menus and make it more clear from the start?? I see there are other appetizers and now we find that the "shared" ones can be ordered solo - cool

Regional food is a nice touch - wish we had it on my Spirit to Alaska cruise last year - they had even stopped the Alaska fish of day and the salmon pizza as of 2012

The schedule for rollout hasn't been released yet beyond February. John Heald has said the the remaining rollout will be publish after the 1st of the year, but with most of the fleet getting the new menu's by the end of 2014.

Someone asked John if the new menu would be on the Bloggers cruise on the Sunshine in February and he said he would check into it, but I haven't heard anything more.

If you look at the released menues

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm

You'll see that there are two potatoes offered each night. Most night that seems to be one mashed and one baked but they vary a little. The vegetable sides seem to be mostly roasted or sauteed.

Boy! After seeing those menus I think I will stick with ncl. I thought on our last cruise on ncl the menu in the main dining room had gone downhill. It was awesome compared to the carnival glory menu

"Truffled Potato Puree" Give me a break!!! That's mashed potatoes with mushrooms. If there's a genuine truffle (at over $300.00 a pound) I'll eat my hat!

Cut it out already! You're losing it Carnival!

BTW, I can't even open many of the menus on this list...

"Truffled Potato Puree" Give me a break!!! That's mashed potatoes with mushrooms. If there's a genuine truffle (at over $300.00 a pound) I'll eat my hat!

Cut it out already! You're losing it Carnival!

BTW, I can't even open many of the menus on this list...

With or without salt ;).

It could also be mashed potatoes with truffle oil blended it. It costs about the same as good-quality olive oil. I'm sure they'll use only a few drops per portion, just enough to make it taste "truffled", in which case, one bottle will last for a good while.

I'd expect real truffles on a line like Crystal or Silversea, but not Carnival. I'm pretty sure it's just truffle oil.

New menus are going to bomb. Worst dining service of any cruise ever! Very bad concept. Linens not on tables is ok but menus lack and most of the cruisers ate at the buffet. American table & American feast is a stupid concept.

But did you like it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone