Splendor deck 2....how inconvenient is it?

4merlurker

We received our guarantee stateroom and are on deck 2 aft. Is it a real pain to get anywhere? i knew we'd be on either 1 or 2 but was hoping for midship. Looks like it'll be easy getting on and off but do the elevators ever come down on their own or only when passengers are going to 1 or 2?

I'm just worried it'll be a week of "hurry up & wait".

Any tips or tricks to help navigate the splendor? Thanks!

We received our guarantee stateroom and are on deck 2 aft. Is it a real pain to get anywhere? i knew we'd be on either 1 or 2 but was hoping for midship. Looks like it'll be easy getting on and off but do the elevators ever come down on their own or only when passengers are going to 1 or 2?

I'm just worried it'll be a week of "hurry up & wait".

Any tips or tricks to help navigate the splendor? Thanks!

I think it really depends what you want to be near.

If you have assigned dining, you only need to go up a flight or 2 to the aft dining room. You also share the elevator shaft with the lido cafeteria. If you make port and use the aft gangways, you're closer and most likely will be able to get on shore more quickly.

If you want to be near the gym, spa, camp carnival, or serenity decks, you will have some walking to do.

Edited by seannyice81

We were on the Splendor Deck 2 aft & loved it. The rear elevators are fast & take you right to the rear lounge for the comedy, karaoke etc., the rear buffet on the lido, and you are one floor down from the dining room. To go the front of the ship just go to five and enjoy the sights as you walk.

Cheers & have a great cruise.

I had deck 2 forward and never thought that elevators were a problem. Obviously sometimes there was a wait just because all the elevators were already up on the higher decks, but they'll come back down if you press the button :p.

Easy for embarking and debarking, while everyone is waiting on elevators, we just hauled our luggage up the stairs and got off quickly. Nice to just go down the stairs after a show in theater instead of having to wait for the elevators with everyone else.

You guys make it sound easy LOL. I guess I'm worrying for nothing. We've just always been on higher decks so it was always 1-2 decks up or 1-2 down to get anywhere. :p

It is easy, thats why we make it sound easy. If you are on a higher deck than you have to go lower than 1-2 decks to get to a lot of things on the ship -such as the MDRs.

You guys make it sound easy LOL. I guess I'm worrying for nothing. We've just always been on higher decks so it was always 1-2 decks up or 1-2 down to get anywhere. :p

We also have a guarantee cabin on deck 2 on the Splendor. That is the only OV deck I think. :eek:

I dont the see the deck as a problem.

You may get a phone call to upgrade soon.

Edited by limoguy1

I was on the Splendor last week and had an aft cabin right around the corner from the elevators. I loved the location. Didn't have to wait long for elevators and when I was heading upstairs they were always empty so I never had to be concerned with overcrowding. They took me right up to the aft dining room for the brunch and open seating breakfast, all of the aft lounges on Decks 4 & 5, the aft pool, the Lido buffet and the Rotisserie which was never crowded and where I went for morning coffee and also a good place to sit outside. I loved that since I was usually at an aft lounge at night it was just a quick trip down the elevator to get to my cabin. I just booked Carnival Dream and also selected an aft cabin. I only need to be forward for dinner so it will be one schlep a day.;)