REGATTA Christmas/New Year's Dressing Expectations

Island Venturer

We are sailing on REGATTA's Christmas/New Year's cruise Los Angeles to Miami later this week. We know the usual Dress Code with Oceania is 'Country Club Casual'... however we are trying to ascertain if there is a more formal Dress Code for the Christmas and New Year's celebrations. Will guests be in black tie/gowns for those special nights? Anyone who has sailed with Oceania for such holiday cruises, please advise soonest. Thank You.

when we were on the Regatta in South America two years ago there were more than a few gentlemen with tuxedos on Christmas and New Years. I don't believe women had full on gowns, but very nice cocktail dresses. Some of the other nights gentlemen wore nice jackets. We didn't have dress up clothes and my husband felt out of place. It is a personal thing and it might just have been this particular cruise. This year we will be on the Riviera and we are taking nicer clothes. Like I said it is a personal thing.

We are sailing on REGATTA's Christmas/New Year's cruise Los Angeles to Miami later this week. We know the usual Dress Code with Oceania is 'Country Club Casual'... however we are trying to ascertain if there is a more formal Dress Code for the Christmas and New Year's celebrations. Will guests be in black tie/gowns for those special nights? Anyone who has sailed with Oceania for such holiday cruises, please advise soonest. Thank You.

We sailed on MARINA over the holidays. While the occasional table was significantly dressier than usual, the overwhelming majority were dressed were country club casual (CCC).

On Christmas, we noticed several men wearing red blazers. As a generalization, large multi-generation family groups seemed to be somewhat dressier: The little girls in the family were wearing velvet dresses and the grandfathers generally wore wore red or navy blazers. The middle generation didn't strike me as wearing anything other than the nicer end of CCC. At most, some of the middle-generation males were wearing a Christmas tie with their button-down shirt.

On New Year's Eve, a handful of cruisers went all the way to black tie/gowns but they were in the distinct minority. They were joined by a few more couples dressed in blazers/cocktail dresses.

However, the overwhelming majority was wearing the nicer end of CCC. I probably saw a few more sparkly tops around the ship on Christmas and New Year's Eve but even those were on the quiet side of sparkly. (Think black sequins or clear sequins with black slacks rather than a multi-colored extravaganza.)

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

we are trying to ascertain if there is a more formal Dress Code for the Christmas and New Year's celebrations.

01_film_mitzi_3008_med.jpg Don't even think about it-

Dress as you'd like , but black tie is never "suggested" on Oceania, except to the Head Waiters-

WaitStaff.jpg

Edited by JimandStan

Dress as you'd like , but black tie is never "suggested" on Oceania, except to the Head Waiters-

WaitStaff.jpg

Thanks for sharing the picture of a couple of my favorite crystal crew members!!! Obviously it's the second photo!!!

Nancy

Actually, on our MARINA cruise, there was one female passenger who did think about it and decided it was a really great idea. Her dress was marginally more covered up but, still, there were lots of men with whiplash that night from doing double takes as she walked by. This femme fatale was at least in her 60s and more likely in her 70s.

The same woman's wardrobe seemed to have been heavily influenced by movies from the 50s. At Christmas dinner she wore a red velvet creation that seemed more than a little influences by the iconic red velvet/white fur dresses from the movie A WHITE CHRISTMAS.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Jim and Stan... Is the Head Waiter in your photograph Poitr (Peter) from Crystal Cruises? Is he now on Oceania?

I'm not Jim and Stan but cruise on Crystal frequently. The picture of the Head Waiter in the photo is Piotr (Peter) and I'm not aware that he has left Crystal. The picture is from the Crystal Symphony MDR and it's a few years old. Piotr/Peter has been promoted since that photo and is a Head Waiter for one the specialty restaurants on the Symphony, Prego. If he has left Crystal , I am not aware of it. although, he was not on my most recent Symphony cruise a month ago but he could have been on vacation.

Nancy