Cabin over 2nd level of dining room

smileyone

If you have stayed in a cabin directly over the 2nd level of the dining room, did you experience a lot of noise? I tried to run a search but it brings up a ton of posts that are mostly just about the dining room itself. We will be in an oceanview on the Sunshine.

Thanks,

Smileyone

If you have stayed in a cabin directly over the 2nd level of the dining room, did you experience a lot of noise? I tried to run a search but it brings up a ton of posts that are mostly just about the dining room itself. We will be in an oceanview on the Sunshine.

Thanks,

Smileyone

what noise do you think is going to come from there?

If you plan on sleeping around 7:15pm or 9:15-9:30, the sound of the music from the singing/dancing in the dining room may make it into your room. That's pretty much it. So unless you go to bed early, you probably won't hear a peep. If that dining room serves breakfast/brunch, I don't think it would be too much of a problem. I haven't ever heard the dining room very loud when I've been in there at those times. And the dining rooms are empty throughout the night. All the overnight work is being done in the galley.

Your situation is unique, as the Sunshine is only the 5th Carnival ship to have rooms above a dining room, and those rooms were only added onto the ship earlier this year. The 4 Spirit class ships are the only other Carnival ships with rooms above a dining room.

Ah yes. The sounds of violent eating as carnival diners gorge themselves on Carnival's 'food.'

I can see why you would be concerned to be OVER the MDR. How much quiet time do you need in your cabin during dinner? Most people don't need peace and quiet in the room during dinner. Even so - I have never known the MDRs to be noisy places to be over.