Enough time for St. John?

Liz315

Hello, We will be docking at St. Thomas on the NCL Getaway at 8am and departing at 4pm (there are 5 ships in port that day). I would love to go to St. John for some beach time a little sight seeing of St. John, in your opinion, will I have enough time to comfortably do this or should I stick with Sapphire on St. Thomas? Thanks.

Would you return on the 1PM ferry to Red Hook to be safe? The 2PM would work if no delays but I wouldn't recommend it.

With the 1PM return ferry you would have only 2.5 hrs on STJ if you took the 10AM ferry (3.5 hrs if you made the 9AM ferry). We would like to have more time in port to enjoy an island tour, a couple hrs at the beach, and at least an hour in Cruz Bay.

We would head for Sapphire or Smith's Bay for a big ship day but STJ is doable. As mentioned there may be a ship excursion offering a champagne cat or something that would give you a little coastal tour followed by a couple hours on the island, not sure if that would work if it is available?