American Airlines just changed my flight time off Jewel - advice needed

welshrich

Everyone flying AA - get ready - they just changed our flight times on 12/9 and now this evening they have changed it again to 10:05 am - it was 10:55 am. Not sure we can make a 10:05 am so they offered us a 2:45 pm going to Chicargo - then Chicargo to Tucson arriving home at 9:15 pm - asked what would happen if we missed the 10:05 am flight - the first person I talked to said they would put us on the next available flight or another airline, the second person I talked to said we would be making a same day change and would be charged $75 each for that change, rubish. I can not believe the incredable bad service you get. Airlines yah yah yah. So now we have a decision to make, take a chance or go later, advice please !!!!!

Not experienced an issue with AA when cruising, but have when travelling on business to Austin, TX. My return flight from Austin to Dallas was changed by AA even before I left the UK to travel to the US. I tried unsuccessfully on several occasions to get put on the earlier flight to ensure what I considered a reasonable transfer time in Dallas for me to catch my connection to London.

AA would just not budge and just repeated that the change in time to a later departure time, resulting in a shorter connection time, was still a valid connection.

So I just turned up at Austin airport for the earlier flight, requested to transfer to the earlier flight at the checkin desk. I was allowed to transfer, but had to pay $75 as AA still considered the original flight valid.

Result, I reached Dallas with plenty of time to spare which caused me far less stress with the comfort that my bags would make the connection. My original flight from Austin was delayed, so I doubt I would have made the connection, and even if I had, I very much doubt my bags would have done.

We are booked on AA from London to Miami for our upcoming Adventure TA. However, AA have already changed the departure time so I'm glad we're travelling to Heathrow the day before to prevent any chance of not making the connection.

Thankyou everyone for the comments and suggestions, I called AA, they did offer me a much later flight at 1840 which I said was too late, I told them there was one leaving at 1305 which would be better and after some checking with her supervisor they switched me to it.

Thankyou everyone for the comments and suggestions, I called AA, they did offer me a much later flight at 1840 which I said was too late, I told them there was one leaving at 1305 which would be better and after some checking with her supervisor they switched me to it.

Glad it all worked out for you. Have a great cruise!

Great! I think you will be happier with that change in the long run.

I am concerned with the change AA made to our flight going to San Juan as we have only one hour to make the connection. We had closer to two hours before, which would give us ample time to stretch and get some lunch, too. And, as stated by a previous poster I worry about our bags making the connection. The only good thing is that we are arriving in San Juan two days prior to the cruise for that very reason. I guess I will pack a change of clothes in my carry on.

Well done and good for you for preserving and not taking their first alternative.

Great! I think you will be happier with that change in the long run.

I am concerned with the change AA made to our flight going to San Juan as we have only one hour to make the connection. We had closer to two hours before, which would give us ample time to stretch and get some lunch, too. And, as stated by a previous poster I worry about our bags making the connection. The only good thing is that we are arriving in San Juan two days prior to the cruise for that very reason. I guess I will pack a change of clothes in my carry on.

Funny you should mention that. We had a 1:45 minute connection in DFW on the way home. There was an earlier flight that we could have stood by on (at no charge since we both have status with AA), but since we had checked 2 bags, we figured there was no point. When we got to the baggage claim area at LAX, our bags were sitting there waiting for us - they had made the earlier flight without us!

OP, I'm glad it was worked out to your satisfaction - have a great cruise, and now you won't be rushing to disembark!

Funny you should mention that. We had a 1:45 minute connection in DFW on the way home. There was an earlier flight that we could have stood by on (at no charge since we both have status with AA), but since we had checked 2 bags, we figured there was no point. When we got to the baggage claim area at LAX, our bags were sitting there waiting for us - they had made the earlier flight without us!

OP, I'm glad it was worked out to your satisfaction - have a great cruise, and now you won't be rushing to disembark!

Good to know. Hopefully we won't have a problem. However, it is closer a connection than I like, especially on the way TO a cruise!

Everyone flying AA - get ready - they just changed our flight times on 12/9 and now this evening they have changed it again to 10:05 am - it was 10:55 am. Not sure we can make a 10:05 am so they offered us a 2:45 pm going to Chicargo - then Chicargo to Tucson arriving home at 9:15 pm - asked what would happen if we missed the 10:05 am flight - the first person I talked to said they would put us on the next available flight or another airline, the second person I talked to said we would be making a same day change and would be charged $75 each for that change, rubish. I can not believe the incredable bad service you get. Airlines yah yah yah. So now we have a decision to make, take a chance or go later, advice please !!!!!

We decided to take the 2:45 pm flight to Chicago, then from Chicago to Tucson - we also decided we would take the Bacardi tour from the ship and have our bags and us delivered to the airport after the tour.

Edited by britty1