Breeze and Cloud 9 worth it?

legion3

Tell us about you. Do you enjoy the spa experience? A smoke-free balcony? A more secluded location? If the answer is yes to all, then the Cloud 9 staterooms are definitely worth the extra money. For us, we would absolutely book a Cloud 9 stateroom without hesitation. The thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite are more than enough reasons for us to book these staterooms.

Also, on our last Carnival cruise, we were bothered by smoking neighbors on two sides of our stateroom. While not horrible or enough to ruin our enjoyment of the cruise, I would've preferred to enjoy our time out on my balcony without intermittent whiffs of cigarette smoke. A Cloud 9 spa stateroom would solve that issue since smoking is not allowed.

Tell us about you. Do you enjoy the spa experience? A smoke-free balcony? A more secluded location? If the answer is yes to all, then the Cloud 9 staterooms are definitely worth the extra money. For us, we would absolutely book a Cloud 9 stateroom without hesitation. The thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite are more than enough reasons for us to book these staterooms.

Also, on our last Carnival cruise, we were bothered by smoking neighbors on two sides of our stateroom. While not horrible or enough to ruin our enjoyment of the cruise, I would've preferred to enjoy our time out on my balcony without intermittent whiffs of cigarette smoke. A Cloud 9 spa stateroom would solve that issue since smoking is not allowed.

I like a good spa yes, we would be doing an OV over the balcony but don't smoke, and yes a more secluded location is really really good.

Those OV rooms book far in advance, if you can get one for cruise you're looking at book it asap. I love the Cloud 9 spa on the Dream but have not been on the Breeze yet. The non-smoking balcony situation is a joke to me though, smoke rises from all the balconies below. It was rare that we weren't smelling smoke when out on our own balcony on recent Dream cruise.

We booked our spa ov for the breeze a week ago, the cruise leaves march 1. So not ridiculously far ahead, but the room was available for a few days, as we were watching the price and deciding between that cruise and another ship.

This will be our first spa room, but I've used the cloud 9 spa on the dream with a spa pass. I loved it and used it every single day. This cruise, the spa room cost $200 more than a regular ov, the spa pass costs that much if not more. My husband I'll go to the spa if it's included in the price, but wouldn't pay more for the pass, go figure. So now he'll join me in the spa.

Edited by soozles

I had an oceanview Spa cabin on the Magic last April, 11021. It was a huge room at the very front of the ship. I shared with my 3 sisters. We used the spa every day, sometimes twice a day and loved it.

I booked a Spa balcony with my husband on Magic last September. We barely used the spa - maybe 3 times. He did not love it as much as I did.

The spa cabins are nice and quiet, in a great location, you really can't go wrong, they are a little bit more money, but just for the quiet - I think they are totally worth it.

Thinking of doing the Breeze on an 8 day eastern and splurging for a Cloud 9 room. Worth it?

Is the Breeze to big? To crowded?

Thanks

Big YES ;). Crowded YES. Spa is very nice, there were times when only my wife and I enjoyed the Thalassotherapy Pool ;), all alone :D

CarnMagicSpa1-high-res-500x377.jpg

I agree with the other posters about the smoke problems .

We liked it so much our first time on the Dream that we booked cruises in Jan and Feb out of Port Canaveral before the ship moves to N. O. and we don't even care about the ports. There are only 3 or 4 Carnival ships that have a Cloud 9 package with T-pool and co-ed steam rooms. We won't bother with any others.

Cheers!

Please post pictures and opinion of cloud 9 balcony spa room. We booked one and would love to see pictures and reviews.

Will have to post them for you when we get back on the 29th as I am not technologically adept at doing it from my smartphone (unless I can convince the teenagers to do it for me on Saturday before we leave)

Edited by FlaMilkman

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I didn't take any photos but the inclusions with the Cloud 9 Spa cabin are absolutely worth it!!! My wife and I spent about an hour there every day and, like some people describe never giving up a balcony once they try it, I would find it hard not to book another Cloud 9 room if I know they are available on a ship.

There are two co-ed steam rooms - one scented and the other not. There are also two co-ed heated rooms (not sauna hot, but nice). There is also a none heated seating area with specialty seats. If you want a sauna they are single sex and located in each of the locker rooms outside of the spa facility. Finally there is the Thalassotherapy pool that is worth the price of admission by itself.

On 7 of the 8 days hardly anybody used these facilities. I know that they sold only 50 day passes per day and greatly limited the number of full week packages. Our passes were included with the cabin even though we were upgraded instead of given OBC. With over 4500 people on our cruise the spa area was a welcomed refuge from the masses.

Although the cabin size is the same as others on the ship they are decorated slightly different (brighter). The upgraded shampoo / conditioner was nice to have but didn't make that big of a difference. Our cabin's location (11210) was great because it was isolated (there wasn't any foot traffic) but still very close to the Lido deck pools, restaurants, etc.

Thanks for providing the feedback-and glad you thought it was worth it.

"On 7 of the 8 days hardly anybody used these facilities. I know that they sold only 50 day passes per day and greatly limited the number of full week packages. Our passes were included with the cabin even though we were upgraded instead of given OBC. With over 4500 people on our cruise the spa area was a welcomed refuge from the masses."

I was also upgraded, and am also hoping that the spa amentities will be included with my cruise next month on the Magic. (If not, per Guest Services' e-mails, I am prepared to buy the package for the week):cool:

:)We have cruised once with our two youngsters. Did the Dream out of Canaveral last year and got a quad with spa passes. One floor down from the actual spa and worth every penny. Like others have said we rarely ran in to more than 5-6 people in the spa and we used it every day. It was the highlight of the trip for us. The shower in the locker room would have been worth the cost alone as we NEVER used the one in our cabin after the first day. Why bother with a tiny shower with a curtain that sticks to you plus flooding out your bathroom since the drain doesn't keep up with the water flow.

We did not go for any of the extra cost treatments at the spa. They are way way over priced even on port days when they have "specials" to try and attract business.

We are all booked on the Sunshine this April and went for the spa cabin on the spa level this time. My only complaint is the agent did not point out there was no T pool in the spa on this ship. Hope it is as good as the last cruise.

We sailed on the Dream last April and booked an interior spa stateroom after sailing a couple of years earlier and purchasing a"day pass". We loved the spa and the amenities so much we knew we would book again. The thalassotherapy pool is amazing, the thermal suites are the bomb and because we were in a spa stateroom, we received a special price on the mud room- again, amazing! So, when we found out they were relocation the Dream this April, we wanted to be there! I'm pretty sure the Breeze has the same spa and amenities, so go for it!

We sailed in a Cloud 9 Spa balcony room on the Breeze in April. Not sure if it was worth the extra cost for us.

Most important was a smoke-free balcony and we absolutely did enjoy that. Proximity to the spa was awesome and we liked the quiet location. We tried the T-pool but only once as it was so warm (water and air) that I felt like I couldn't breath. I enjoyed 4 spa treatments (mostly massages) during this cruise and they were wonderful.

My sister & brother-in-law, and their friends (we had four rooms) loved the T-pool and were in it everyday. Most certainly it was worth it for them.

For future bookings, we'll select a cruise line whose balconies are smoke-free.

We had two cabins on the Spa deck, 12. It was well worth it. Great location on the ship! Elemis amenities in the bathroom. Spa robe and slippers. Spa towels in the room for the pool and the room towels very plush. We used the free spa amenities in the Spa almost every day. I only want to do Spa deck again.

Edited by IDcruising