Just thought of a question for previous Star to Alaska Cruisers

For some reason, as I was reviewing our itineraries, this question came to me. In both Juneau and Victoria the ship is in port over the dinner hour. In Juneau, you could probably eat after you got back on board, but in Victoria the shore excursions start at 6:30 meaning dinner in the restaurants would be impossible, even the buffet might be pushing it if it is crowded.

So the question: do the main restaurants and/or buffet open earlier for dinner in Victoria and stay open later in Juneau? If not, what is a good place to eat in Juneau close to the ship.

From my daily in Juneau Aqua & specialty restaurants 6-10, Versailles 5:30 - 10 , the cafe snacks 3-5 dinner 5-10 and late night snacks 10-midnight. In Victoria, the restaurants are moved up by 1/2 hour but the cafe is the same although it doesn't say anything about late snacks. There is always the Blue Lagoon which is open 24 hours. We did dinner at the cafe at 5 in both places and it worked out fine. Hope this helps.

Archived