First time with Carnival, need help with Sunshine cabin please

Debbie London

Hi All, Hope someone can help with A Carnival Sunshine cabin question as this will be our first Carnival cruise (4 previous cruises with Royal Caribbean).

I am looking at an obstructed picture window cabin on either deck 6 or deck 3 but have concerns with both looking at deck plan. I like 3 as it is close to amenities etc but worry about being below Liquid Lounge, but 6 is directly above and most forward you can get. Any assistance greatly appreciated please.

Try googling and changing the ships name to Destiny. The Sunshine has been rebranded and had a makeover and changed it's name.

I can't help with the OV rooms, but the ship is very nice, we sailed on her back in July.

I wouldn't stay anywhere near the liquid lounge. I am sure I have read reports about problems with noise.

We stayed in 8117, a balcony and this was fine. If I stayed on the ship again, I would stay more aft on deck 8. My sunbed was also at the aft of the ship, this is where the teen club, water works and Havana Bar are too.

Edited by heatherbelle

Try googling and changing the ships name to Destiny. The Sunshine has been rebranded and had a makeover and changed it's name.

I can't help with the OV rooms, but the ship is very nice, we sailed on her back in July.

I wouldn't stay anywhere near the liquid lounge. I am sure I have read reports about problems with noise.

We stayed in 8117, a balcony and this was fine. If I stayed on the ship again, I would stay more aft on deck 8. My sunbed was also at the aft of the ship, this is where the teen club, water works and Havana Bar are too.

Thank you so much for your help

I agree with avoiding lounge if possible. I had a room above lounge on Victory and since it was a aft wrap it was ok, but had to life with some pretty annoying noises. If I had a choice would pick differently. I aim for cabins above and below if at all possible.

On the Sunshine I was in room 2347 a 6B aft oceanview and it was lovely. Picked it because it looked larger, which it was. Pretty sure it will have been snapped up but a good one to grab if available.

You'll enjoy the ship. Aft was great because it is a short hop up the elevator to serenity deck and often more importantly Havana and lido. Enjoy. Had a great time on the ship and thought the dining areas were great with how spread out they were. The Havana area always seemed less crowded and very comfortable, felt like a restaurant and not a ship cafeteria.

I used the Destiny to check rooms also, still a lot of pics and while may be different will give you a feel for things.

I agree with avoiding lounge if possible. I had a room above lounge on Victory and since it was a aft wrap it was ok, but had to life with some pretty annoying noises. If I had a choice would pick differently. I aim for cabins above and below if at all possible.

On the Sunshine I was in room 2347 a 6B aft oceanview and it was lovely. Picked it because it looked larger, which it was. Pretty sure it will have been snapped up but a good one to grab if available.

You'll enjoy the ship. Aft was great because it is a short hop up the elevator to serenity deck and often more importantly Havana and lido. Enjoy. Had a great time on the ship and thought the dining areas were great with how spread out they were. The Havana area always seemed less crowded and very comfortable, felt like a restaurant and not a ship cafeteria.

I used the Destiny to check rooms also, still a lot of pics and while may be different will give you a feel for things.

Thank you so much, the help on here is amazing as so supporting :)

Edited by Debbie London

We are booked in room 2347 for the Jan 26 cruise. I am curious about this room. Any pictures?