Price for grand Suite lower than Junior Suite

Catperson

If I have booked a junior suite, paid in full when monies are due, then a price reduction on a grand suite becomes available, am I able to take advantage of the lower price or is this for new bookings only? Would this be fair to me that only new bookings would get the lower price for the grand suite while I have paid the equivalent or more for my junior suite? Just asking! :p

If I have booked a junior suite, paid in full when monies are due, then a price reduction on a grand suite becomes available, am I able to take advantage of the lower price or is this for new bookings only? Would this be fair to me that only new bookings would get the lower price for the grand suite while I have paid the equivalent or more for my junior suite? Just asking! :p

If the GS price is restricted to new bookings, then the only way they will usually let you upgrade is if the GS costs more than what you paid.

Yes, you can. The same situation happened to us tonight. We are booked in a GS that we upgraded to two days ago and now the OS is significantly lower than what we paid for the GS. I immediately put a courtesy hold on it on the RC website and will be calling my TA tomorrow to get the upgrade. Call whoever you booked with in the morning if it is a TA and do the upgrade. If you booked with RC, call them immediately. Good luck!

If the GS price is restricted to new bookings, then the only way they will usually let you upgrade is if the GS costs more than what you paid.

And even then you may have to argue a LOT to get them to give you the paid upgrade. I experienced this and another cruiser just had a thread about this last week.

If the restriction is "new bookings only," then you likely may be out of luck. If it is after final payment then you won't get a refund. Before final payment you'll get the refund. Eitherway, it's worth asking. If you are a frequent cruiser you can use that to your advantage to try and get them to allow you even if it is restricted. We did that through our excellent TA to go from a JS to CL. I am D+ and we had 3 more cruises booked with RCCL. So she argued that point to get us the upgrade.

Good luck.