Good and safe boat rental

headhunterke

Hi everyone!

I'm doing my 3rd Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks.

I've done many excursions, but have always sticked to the ones offered by the cruiseline. I think it is handy to learn about the area and the city you're in if you're guided. But now I'm revisiting some ports I've been to on my previous cruises as well, so I was thinking of doing some excursion on my own and not booking through the cruiseline.

One think I've always wanted to do is rent out a boat for a couple of hours.

Does anybody know a good, reliable boat rental company? It doesn't really matter on which island, as long as it's in the Caribbean ;-)

I'm not looking for the one where you hire a boat with a captain, but one where you can control the boat yourself. I know many types will require a license to do so, but in Europe we have some companies near tourist areas where you can rent your boat as long as you've got a driving license.

Thanks in advance!

I've checked some of the topics about the ports of call already, but no recent information. I haven't looked into all the subpages yet...

I'll certainly check TripAdvisor.

But it's kind of a port intensive trip, so I'll have a lot of searching to do. Thanks ;-)

Hi everyone!

I'm doing my 3rd Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks.

I've done many excursions, but have always sticked to the ones offered by the cruiseline. I think it is handy to learn about the area and the city you're in if you're guided. But now I'm revisiting some ports I've been to on my previous cruises as well, so I was thinking of doing some excursion on my own and not booking through the cruiseline.

One think I've always wanted to do is rent out a boat for a couple of hours.

Does anybody know a good, reliable boat rental company? It doesn't really matter on which island, as long as it's in the Caribbean ;-)

I'm not looking for the one where you hire a boat with a captain, but one where you can control the boat yourself. I know many types will require a license to do so, but in Europe we have some companies near tourist areas where you can rent your boat as long as you've got a driving license.

Thanks in advance!

Try http://www.boatrentalsxm.com/

We used this company this past summer while on a cruise stop in St. Maarten and really enjoyed visiting the Simpson Bay Lagoon by boat. They rent larger boats that you can take out of the lagoon as well. :)

Edited by Karysa