Are all private tours in Falmouth affected?

MS52

We were scheduled to go to Time N Place near Falmouth in January 2014 and just received a refund via paypal and this email.....

We are no longer able to offer transportation service as the cruise ship port policy has now changed. The cruise port is not authorizing any pick up outside the port's gate. We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused

I'm not sure how RCCL can control pickup outside of the port gate but it appears that they will have a monopoly on tours.

What should we do now???? I just wanted a beach day. :confused:

We were scheduled to go to Time N Place near Falmouth in January 2014 and just received a refund via paypal and this email.....

We are no longer able to offer transportation service as the cruise ship port policy has now changed. The cruise port is not authorizing any pick up outside the port's gate. We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused

I'm not sure how RCCL can control pickup outside of the port gate but it appears that they will have a monopoly on tours.

http://www.libertytoursjamaica.com.

Just used them last month, and it was the BEST tour of our lives!

I looked at the website for Liberty tours and they don't offer just a beach day in Falmouth which is what we would like. Any other ideas?

I love Liberty Tours. I would send Ricardo an email. Explain to him what you want to do on your excursion. In November I designed my families excursion with him, so we were able to do what we wanted to do. He will return your email usually within 24hours.

I love Liberty Tours. I would send Ricardo an email. Explain to him what you want to do on your excursion. In November I designed my families excursion with him, so we were able to do what we wanted to do. He will return your email usually within 24hours.

Thanks. I actually did email him and he responded immediately and said that he could do a trip to a beach in Montego Bay not Falmouth (said the cruise line controls the beaches in Falmouth).

I do not think this affects any private tour that has licensed transportation that has permission to pick-up passengers within the port designated areas.

I emailed Time 'N Place to ask if they would be open on New Year's Day if we took a taxi from the port. Here is the reply I received:

"Thank you for choosing Time N Place. Yes, we are still open for business. Please kindly take a taxi on the port to Time N Place upon your arrival.

We are working on getting our bus on port to resume our pick up service.

See you soon!

Peace and love,"