Solo travel on Windstar cruises

Oldest of eight

On our fist WS cruise, we met Bob who was celebrating his 85th birthday by himself. A groups of us, that met on board, really enjoyed him and he usually ate with us or came shore with us. We still keep in touch. I think as long as you are comfortable by yourself, you would enjoy. It's such a small ship and you get to know everyone...go and enjoy!

There was 2 guys alone that I remember on our cruise (late 20's, early 30's). If you are a bit social and participate in some excursion you will not have any problem meeting other passengers, being invited at dinner, etc. People on the ship have been around, well travelled and open-minded. If your into sailing, the open-deck policy will interest you. But this is just me, I did not travel solo.

We befriended a solo traveler on Wind Star and have become close and seen each other several times since leaving the ship. He had a wonderful time. Sometimes he ate alone, sometimes with us or others, and was never at a loss for people to go ashore with. There was another solo male on board, although he seemed very reserved and kept to himself most of the time.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...