Carnival's site down for maintenance...grrrrrrrrr. A vent.

ViolaSwamp

Tonight I finally sat down with DH so we can select our excursions for our February cruise and wouldn't you know it, CCL's website is down for maintenance. Of course, how lovely, perfect timing.

Annoyed..........!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've been on the site a few times tonight---no problems. It could be that your cache is full. You could try this, either use a different browser (Firefox, IE, etc) if you have one, or clear your "cookies".

No... It was definitely their site, not my browser. I saw a screen that stated, "sorry, we are down for routine maintenance" or some such thing. But it came back up within a short amount of time so all is well with the world :)

It amazes me that every time a cruise line's website is down, someone has to come over to CC to vent. There is absolutely nothing we can do guys...

It is quite hilarious. Plus sometimes websites need maintenance. All websites go down from time to time. Whatever the OP needed at that moment can certainly wait.

It amazes me that every time a cruise line's website is down, someone has to come over to CC to vent. There is absolutely nothing we can do guys...

Yes of course sites go down, crud happens. I think it is perfectly acceptable to be annoyed when it happened to be down the ONE time this week I planned to log in and book excursions. It was down for about 20 minutes before I could get in.

Not an earth shattering crisis but a pain since that was the only time DH and I had together this week to review and decide on excursions.

You don't like the vents? Then don't read them. Simple enough?!

It is quite hilarious.

Plus sometimes websites need maintenance. ===> Sometimes?

All websites go down from time to time. ===> All home computers need a lil TLC now and then too.

ALL Operating Systems need maintenance

whether on websites, or on the home computer!

I do computer house calls for a living, to do OS maintenance on folks' computers at home.

You don't want to know how many hundreds/thousands of Registry errors I find

on computer systems whose owners who are still clinging to Win.XP! :cool:

Users of Microsoft Vista and Win.7 users are not absolved because

once again...all operating systems need their system litter thrown out, and their Registry sorted.

Please ensure that YOUR home system is free of bug and problems

before blaming commercial websites!

It takes two to tango.

It takes two computers to work the internet

- theirs and yours -and you are not blameless

even though you consider the poor thing to be some sort of Magic Machine!

ALL Operating Systems need maintenance

whether on websites, or on the home computer!

I do computer house calls for a living, to do OS maintenance on folks' computers at home.

You don't want to know how many hundreds/thousands of Registry errors I find

on computer systems whose owners who are still clinging to Win.XP! :cool:

once again...all operating systems need their system litter thrown out, and their Registry sorted.

Please ensure that YOUR home system is free of bug and problems

before blaming commercial websites!

It takes two to tango.

It takes two computers to work the internet

- theirs and yours -and you are not blameless

even though you consider the poor thing to be some sort of Magic Machine!

Dude. Get a grip. :rolleyes: Do you somehow have a tracking device on my laptop to see what kind of OS I'm running? Happens to be Windows 8 (I am not on it right now and I cannot recall which version off the top of my head, it is recent however). And once again, the Carnival website stated that it was offline undergoing routine maintenance. With a photo of a towel animal with a construction helmet on. There was no issue with my browser or PC. I fail to see how this message on their end could be generated based on a malfunctioning user PC on mine. When NO other websites were giving me any troubles during that time. :confused:

Are you stating that every time a website goes down for maintenance that it is somehow magically associated with failures on its users' PCs? :eek:

But owners of Macs are absolved because we don't have registries.....and maintenance routines are run automatically in the background and most Mac users don't even know about them because nothing is required of the from the user. A Mac is pretty much a magic machine compared to Windows PCs.

The other person was not having an issue with their computer though. Carnival had a page up on their site saying they were doing maintenance. Which does happen. Twenty minutes though is nothing. Some sites take hours when they go down.

Edited by Charles4515