Sunshine - Who has been on since 2.0 was added

CalifCouple

We are looking at either the 8 night Sunshine Aug 23, 2014 or the Liberty on Aug 22, 2014 but prefer the ports on the sunshine (Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk)

Has anybody been on the Sunshine since its had the 2.0 added ? opinions ?

Any suggestions on best ocean view cabins, if so what cabin numbers that are quiet but close to elevators ?

Thanks,

Craig & Tina

We are looking at either the 8 night Sunshine Aug 23, 2014 or the Liberty on Aug 22, 2014 but prefer the ports on the sunshine (Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk)

Any suggestions on best ocean view cabins, if so what cabin numbers that are quiet but close to elevators ?

Thanks,

Craig & Tina

Sunshine didn't go through the 2.0, it was completely gutted and refurbished. They even added decks to the ship. Way more than the 2.0 I haven't been on her but after watching a video of the transformation, it looks great. I would definitely go with the sunshine, but both will be great.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Edited by nitro2448

Thanks,

Craig & Tina

While we have not sailed on her since the changes, we were on the ship in New Orleans for the naming ceremony and sleepover when she first came to New Orleans. The upgrades and changes exceeded my expectations. Especially what they did with lido aft. Serenity was also a standout. It was very impressive and we would not hesitate to sail the Sunshine.

My family of 5 loved it. Sunshine has a lot to offer and is a very nice ship. I wish every aft Lido was designed like the Sunshine. If you have any specific questions ask away.

Sorry, can't help you on the OV rooms. Edit: What the heck, if you want quiet near elevators, I'd get room 2310, but there's some guess work in that choice.

A few here that have been on the Sunshine have reported a crowded Liquid Lounge (along with a few smells in that area) and we did have larger crowds for the adult comedy.

A vocal minority who have NOT been on the Sunshine will give you an ear full...:rolleyes:

Edited by fuddrules

The Sunshine didn't get a 2.0 upgrade the Sunshine *IS* 2.0. It is the only ship in the fleet to have *all* the 2.0 upgrades. If you like the itinerary go for it, that late in August it shouldn't be quite as crowded, since most of the schools (in the south at least) have started.

The Sunshine is a great little ship. In November I was on the Transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to New Orleans and enjoyed every minute. The ship still has a few small problems but nothing worth worrying about. I would have no hesitation in sailing again on the Sunshine. Dont believe all the bad things that have been written about her.

My biggest gripe about the ship was the lack of a refrigerater and no bedside tables in my room which was 6283.

I was on it for the 16 night TA. It still had a few problems but is a good ship. If you have kids the water park would be great. They have a good amount of space to just lay around also. I have heard people talk about the food lines but I didn't see that. Now when the places just open for lunch it might be backed up. But that is anywhere and any ship. I didn't care for the show room that much. If I can find someone to go on the 11 night in Apr. I will be back on her again

We were just on the Carnival Sunshine last week. The ship is amazing. We had a balcony cabin on deck 8 right next to the atrium elevators and we never heard anything. We love being forward/midship by the atrium elevators.

I will be starting a photo review of the Sunshine in the next couple of days

The Sunshine is a great little ship. In November I was on the Transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to New Orleans and enjoyed every minute. The ship still has a few small problems but nothing worth worrying about. I would have no hesitation in sailing again on the Sunshine. Dont believe all the bad things that have been written about her.

My biggest gripe about the ship was the lack of a refrigerater and no bedside tables in my room which was 6283.

Really??? We had a refrigerator in our cabin last week. We were in cabin 8169

We were just on the Carnival Sunshine last week. The ship is amazing. We had a balcony cabin on deck 8 right next to the atrium elevators and we never heard anything. We love being forward/midship by the atrium elevators.

Hope you do your Imagination one first as we are on her in January and would love to see your photos and read your reviews and impressions before we go.

I too agree that the Sunshine is amazing!

Hope you do your Imagination one first as we are on her in January and would love to see your photos and read your reviews and impressions before we go.

I too agree that the Sunshine is amazing!

Yes I will be doing a joint review of our back to back cruises and the review of the Imagination will be first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Craig & Tina

We did the med and transatlantic , 28 days. Cabin 2170. Right around the corner from the glass and reg elevators. Never heard a thing. Never felt any movement. Nice and quiet

We are doing the 11 day Repo in April...Look forward to your review!!

Thanks in advance!!

:p

We were looking into doing the 11-day repositioning cruise as well but instead we are going to do the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream.
I would LOVE to do the repo on the Sunshine!!:)

We were on the Sunshine in the Med. in September, and it was so port intensive, we didn't have time to enjoy the ship!:eek::rolleyes::p

As they said a complete renovation. Absolutely loved it even with a occasional bucket that everyone was flipping out about on the boards. Suspect most of the mechanical issues are completely resolved now. I kept myself entertained the 6 months before sailing with all the hysteria around the Sunshine. Hadn't seen such a uproar before, but faith was justified and it was a great sailing, couldn't have been better. I thought the Sunshine was lovely.

Really liked all the dining options and ability to spread out, the Havana section particularly seemed less crowded and very nice and enjoyed the Serenity deck although it does fill up quickly.

I had the oceanview aft 2347 and it was a great room, because odd shaped alot of extra space. Also like the aft as a straight shot up to Lido and Serenity dec.

Definitely would have that room again. We did have to go around the a flat with Art which the gallery tended to keep in our hallway but no other issues on our Med sailing in Sept/Oct.

We are doing the 11 day Repo in April...Look forward to your review!!

Thanks in advance!!

We are also booked on the 11 day repo in April. This will be our second cruise. We were on The Sunshine for a Med tour in Sept and we have already booked her for our second cruise. We didn't get to spend as much time on the ship as we would have liked to in Sept so we picked the repo cruise because it has a lot of sea days! Since we've only cruised once I am certainly not an expert...but I have to say we loved every minute on The Sunshine. We had a couple of minor complaints (yes, the Liquid Lounge was poorly designed and the Serenity area gets crowded early in the day) but most things on the ship were excellent. We're not picky people. I enjoyed the food that someone else prepared for me. It was good! And my room was made up twice a day. We had an ice bucket that was always filled without us asking. And we did have a mini-bar/fridge in our Spa cabin on the 11th floor. There was NO foot traffic noise on the 11th deck and we walked right out to the Serenity pool. It was AWESOME. The shows we saw were all very good. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable at all times. Overall it was a fantastic trip. Actually there was one thing terribly wrong...it was only 12 days and they went by WAY TO FAST!!!

We are also booked on the 11 day repo in April. This will be our second cruise. We were on The Sunshine for a Med tour in Sept and we have already booked her for our second cruise. We didn't get to spend as much time on the ship as we would have liked to in Sept so we picked the repo cruise because it has a lot of sea days! Since we've only cruised once I am certainly not an expert...but I have to say we loved every minute on The Sunshine. We had a couple of minor complaints (yes, the Liquid Lounge was poorly designed and the Serenity area gets crowded early in the day) but most things on the ship were excellent. We're not picky people. I enjoyed the food that someone else prepared for me. It was good! And my room was made up twice a day. We had an ice bucket that was always filled without us asking. And we did have a mini-bar/fridge in our Spa cabin on the 11th floor. There was NO foot traffic noise on the 11th deck and we walked right out to the Serenity pool. It was AWESOME. The shows we saw were all very good. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable at all times. Overall it was a fantastic trip. Actually there was one thing terribly wrong...it was only 12 days and they went by WAY TO FAST!!!

We booked a Spa cabin on deck 12. We are hoping for 11 days of peace & quiet, for the most part, anyway!! Look forward to meeting up with you at some point.

This will be my 18th cruise but my first Repo. Can't wait!! The #1 reason we booked this cruise was for all the sea days!!

TTYL,