Ryndam/Nieuw Amsterdam ?

yellowbird23

Nieuw Amsterdam, larger ship, more steady in open seas. I just came off the Ryndam Dec1 and much prefer the NA which I was on in April. This is my personal preference of. Course. I liked the promenade deck better for space on the NA, I felt somewhat cramped on the Ryndam. I felt more motion on the Ryndam compared to the NA and that was in the Caribbean which more calm than the Atlantic.

No contest: the Ryndam wins by a (nautical) mile. :D

The ship is smaller, so it's easy to get around quickly. You are much more likely to run into the same people again, rather than them being lost forever in the crowd. More space in the Lido; the crowding in the Signature class ships is awful.

Cabins in comparable categories are larger, with real drawer space. Lower Promenade is a comfortable spot to sit and watch the sea.

We prefer a newer and larger ship, so our vote is for the Nieuw Amsterdam. Spent 24 days on the NW last October, incl. a TA. Found it easy to get around. Enjoy walking, so the Promenade deck is great. We had our first experience dining in the Tamarind restaurant and loved it!

Yes, the Lido can get crowded, especially for breakfast, but we always found a table.

We're considering an Eastern Med. cruise and wouldn't hesitate booking the NA again.

I see what you did there... :D

OT now. I like the N.A. and given the cruise is a T.A., I'd give her a slight edge over the Ryndam. The N.A. has Tamarind. Enough said :rolleyes:

No, seriously, it kinda depends on your own taste.

As others have said, the N.A. is a newer, but larger ship, while the Ryndam has a more intimate character.

The ship is smaller, so it's easy to get around quickly. You are much more likely to run into the same people again, rather than them being lost forever in the crowd. More space in the Lido; the crowding in the Signature class ships is awful.

Cabins in comparable categories are larger, with real drawer space. Lower Promenade is a comfortable spot to sit and watch the sea.

Ditto! But my real choice would be Prinsendam.