Coffee card

lrockwitt

To me disagreeing with someone is not being nasty & is part of any discussion.

What about the post where someone said that if you bought

an undated card, and thought it was good forever, you probably

shouldn't cross the street unassisted?

Was that part of the discussion, and not nasty?

What about the post where someone said that if you bought

an undated card, and thought it was good forever, you probably

shouldn't cross the street unassisted?

Was that part of the discussion, and not nasty?

I'm not sure. However, the two coffee cards I just got on the Ruby are slightly different from the one I got on the Pacific Princess in October. The one on the PP includes on the front side the name of seven coffee drinks in three lines, the two from the Ruby has only six. "Hot chocolate" is the difference. I will upload an image if there's a demand for it, when I have the chance (I'm using Cayman Islands telephone with my T mobile international plan).

I can see why one wouldn't be able to use one coffee card for the unlimited coffee but couldn't you share the punches? I think the syrup coffee tastes similar to licking the bottom of a dirty ashtray (not that I have ever tried that) :p I am really not that picky but that stuff is awful.

We only drink one cup of coffee a day, preferably a non-fufu type such as café Americano. Couldn't we share the punches on a 7 night cruise....that would be just about right for our morning jolt?

Can you order two cups and have them punch out two spaces on the card at one time? I mean, legally? I don't go around trying to get one up on the cruiselines -- and don't want to cheat. Just wondering what is acceptable and what is not.

I can see why one wouldn't be able to use one coffee card for the unlimited coffee but couldn't you share the punches? I think the syrup coffee tastes similar to licking the bottom of a dirty ashtray (not that I have ever tried that) :p I am really not that picky but that stuff is awful.

We only drink one cup of coffee a day, preferably a non-fufu type such as café Americano. Couldn't we share the punches on a 7 night cruise....that would be just about right for our morning jolt?

Can you order two cups and have them punch out two spaces on the card at one time? I mean, legally? I don't go around trying to get one up on the cruiselines -- and don't want to cheat. Just wondering what is acceptable and what is not.

Yes, you can share the punches on the card as often as you want - no problem. We do that frequently.

Howard

Yes.

We buy a new coffee card for most cruises, we only buy one because my DH is the only one who gets the free coffee. On our first Princess cruise we each bought a card, but I never had a regular coffee, and the servers would only take one card, although we offered them both cards. I use a few of the punches for specialty coffees, but I have never used up a card even on 14 day cruises. We usually have a few cards with many punches open, so on one cruise we used the punches for his regular coffees, and my specialty ones. He only has 1 - 3 cups of black coffee per day, so he is not using their creme or sugar.

When we are on a 14 day cruises he can have his regular coffee all 14 days. We are going on b2b2b cruises that are only 4 days each, so a total of 12 days. It seems like we should be able to use the card for him for the 12 days. But, we will buy a card for the first cruise and either pay for his coffee or use up punches for the other B2B's. I always have a few dollars in my bag to give to the servers because if I am using a card from a different cruise for my specialty coffees I know they did not receive the tip.

I always have a few dollars in my bag to give to the servers because if I am using a card from a different cruise for my specialty coffees I know they did not receive the tip.

Ah! Thank you for this little reminder. I had not thought of that aspect. I worked for tips for over 20 years and am very cognizant of tipping practices, but this one escaped me. I am going to make sure I leave something for the IC peeps from now on.

We buy a new coffee card for most cruises, we only buy one because my DH is the only one who gets the free coffee. On our first Princess cruise we each bought a card, but I never had a regular coffee, and the servers would only take one card, although we offered them both cards. I use a few of the punches for specialty coffees, but I have never used up a card even on 14 day cruises. We usually have a few cards with many punches open, so on one cruise we used the punches for his regular coffees, and my specialty ones. He only has 1 - 3 cups of black coffee per day, so he is not using their creme or sugar.

When we are on a 14 day cruises he can have his regular coffee all 14 days. We are going on b2b2b cruises that are only 4 days each, so a total of 12 days. It seems like we should be able to use the card for him for the 12 days. But, we will buy a card for the first cruise and either pay for his coffee or use up punches for the other B2B's. I always have a few dollars in my bag to give to the servers because if I am using a card from a different cruise for my specialty coffees I know they did not receive the tip.

One card will serve for all you B2B"s.