A short Review of the Reflection

lion1956

We returned from our 7 day cruise on the Celebrity Reflection and I wanted to post a short review so that it may help people as other posters have helped us.

We are first time Celebrity cruisers, previously Royal Carribean and Princess, and we are first time Aqua class cruisers also.

The Good

Aqua cabins were very nice and the balconies large enough for two loungers and a table, Cabin nicely appointed with enough storage.

Service excellent, always helpful and friendly

Loved Persian Gardens, being a guy I didn't really think we would use it but it was a nice perk that we used five days on the cruise.

Blu Restaurant, food was good, BUT, small portions so don't be afraid to order a couple appetizers or split a third entree with your significant other, also we found the menu a little limited, four selections, always one seafood, one pasta one meat and one vegetarian and three other standards for every night. I would do AQUA again if the price point was $200 or less from Concierge, lots of complaints about AQUA from other diners.

Enjoyed the bars, Molecular and Martini and Michael's very good and entertaining drinks

The BAD

Entertainment truly sucked, no I mean it really was the worse I've seen, the only decent show was late night Sin City and that started slow but ended well with the headliner.

The cruise director was a joke, completely unfunny, we actually left when he opened his mouth too often, the other theater shows belonged in a high school setting, not a single singing piano player, no dueling pianos, no real dancing spaces (they had the main floor dance area between two elevators with a small dance area)

Shore excursions were whatever you want to make of them, in St Martin there were 8 ships so it was hectic.

The average age appeared to be about 70, we are no spring chickens in our mid 50s but it was discouraging. Lots of people wearing bathing attire that they really should not be wearing, come on, your not 20 cover that stuff up, no one wants to look at you other than to laugh, also MEN with speedos? or thongs?

Lastly it appears to me that when people get into a large group they lose all sense of civility and common courtesy, cutting in lines of food, rushing in front of everyone else to catch an elevator and the worst standing in front of your chair on the deck blocking your view of the water with their fat out of shape a_s, it's almost as if they think they can get away with this behavior because they are old and no one dares criticizes them.

Overall, we enjoyed the cruise, could not stand the ignorant folks, but met lots of nice people and really enjoyed talking to our table guest, gonna take a while before we cruise again but I thank everyone on this site for their help.

Why would you think it's a joke, got off the ship about 14 hours ago, it's real, but I don't want to discourage people, it's my opinion only/

Oh I don't know maybe because there is no "sense of civility and common courtesy" - when you are using these terms "with their fat out of shape a_s" and this lovely statement "when he opened his mouth too often". We all have the right to give a review of our experiences but some of your comments about other cruisers is pretty judgmental. I might not wish to see someone in their speedo but it is their right to wear it, I also wouldn't presume to think that I own the view from the railing - that is what a balcony cabin is for. My opinion only.

Thank you for the report.

However, I do feel the need to vent...

Why don't People get over their prudish and judgmental view on bathing attire and look at themselves first before judging others on their choice of pool attire :mad:

If I want to wear Speedos I will do so, I have nothing to hide and if you are offended by the human anatomy, I suggest that you seek Professional help. it is standard attire for pools all over the World.

In A lot of EU countries, you are not even permitted to go into the pool with shorts, Speedo obligatory.

Portions onboard are NOT small, they are even on the large size, just not Supersize ( like so many MORBIDLY Obese;) ) not saying that you are, but it is an American fashion to overblow anything, the bigger the better etc... Well, small is often much better ( no inappropriate jokes here please;) )