How Formal is Formal Night on Costa

Germancruiser

Hi all cruisers,

We are booked on the Costa Medit. sailing out of Venice Oct. 2 nd. It is my first time with Costa. I cruised with RCL and Celebrity- found the service and food on Celebrity outstanding. I read so many bad things about the food, I can´t wait to find out myself. We love italian food though.

We was wondering " how formal" the formal night on board costa ships?? Mabe the tux can stay at home????

Any suggestions about shore? We usually go by ourselfes and I guess we will be staying this way.

Does anyone remember what kind of tea is being served?( Twinnings, Bigelow??) I am a big tea drinker, so I am just wondering!

We expect a great ship ( as we saw many pictures) but we expect a adequate food!

Thank you and greetings from germany

Michael

Guten Abend Michael!

I've only been on the one Costa cruise and very few men wore tuxes to formal night. It was mostly suits.

We also did excursions on our own but our list of ports were quite different. If you're going to Dubrovnik the walled-city is directly before you and there is no reason for an excursion, in my opinion.

BobK/Orlando

just off: Sea Princess

Hi Bob,

thank you very much for your answer, and the german words- hehe! Now I am sure that the tux stays at home. LOL.

I feel not sorry about the circumstance, though! I am very curious about the food, as we read so many bad things ( some good ones anyway) about it.

Greetings

Michael

Hi all cruisers,

We are booked on the Costa Medit. sailing out of Venice Oct. 2 nd. It is my first time with Costa. I cruised with RCL and Celebrity- found the service and food on Celebrity outstanding. I read so many bad things about the food, I can´t wait to find out myself. We love italian food though.

We was wondering " how formal" the formal night on board costa ships?? Mabe the tux can stay at home????

Any suggestions about shore? We usually go by ourselfes and I guess we will be staying this way.

Does anyone remember what kind of tea is being served?( Twinnings, Bigelow??) I am a big tea drinker, so I am just wondering!

We expect a great ship ( as we saw many pictures) but we expect a adequate food!

Michael

on my trip formal night was very formal,mostly tux,but suit will be fine.tea time was the best part,a don't remember the name of the tea,but it was very,very good.(and I am not a tea person0:p food was not bad,we had better on others lines,but really not bad.

Hi all,

thanks for your re. Not sure if I take the tux with me, but I guess that are very pleasant problems. LOL!

The food depens on each ones taste I guess. I think it will suit us perfect.

Great you liked the tea, then I will too. Hehe!

Greetings

Michael

Hi all cruisers,

We are booked on the Costa Medit. sailing out of Venice Oct. 2 nd....

Michael

Gutten Tag Michael, We are leaving Venice on Oct. 2 also, only on Classica. Perhaps we will see you in Venice sipping a red wine. (my favorite part of Venice!!!)

Just thought I would say Hello... Another German cruiser, leaving Oct.2

Tchuse

Tammy

Germancruiser:

Don't just stick to the packaged teas offered at the self-serve buffet stations. The Costa Magica had 'tea time' everyday (a separate tea bar)--many, many loose teas that you can choose from & have served in a cup & saucer as opposed to the plastic mugs at the buffet area.

Germancruiser , we are just back form the Costa Magica - my husband wore his Tux on the two formal nights - but to be honest not many others did - which we thought was a shame. Many had suits on, or jacket,shirt and tie - but lots just didnt even bother with a tie.

What does anyone think? Should the formal nights be kept formal?

Formal night was not as formal as I expected on the Magica this May. I thought perhaps it was because we were 1st sitting for dinner and maybe more tuxes were visible at the later sitting? The ladies were certainly very dressed though, as always. My hubby is taking a dark jacket and ties for this next cruise as his usual 'black tie' wear is the kilt! But I agree formal night should be very formal - Costa seems a bit more relaxed.

Germancruiser - the Tea selection was excellent at 'afternoon tea' - and this from a coffee drinker! I particularly liked the earl and lady grey teas which have become firm favourites now at home as well.

Most European Ports can be done by yourselves - just depends on your itinerary - just dont miss the boat and have a great time!;)

Hi all, and Guten Tag Tammy,

thank you again for your advises, now mabe I should take the old tux with me, needs a bit of " fresh air" anyways- LOL. Earl and Lady Grey, mhm thats great, I love Twinnings tea, those both are my favorites too.

Tammy it´s a shame that we are at different ships. Mabe in Venice. Hehe, where are you Tammy, Germany?

Greetings

Michael

Tammy it´s a shame that we are at different ships. Mabe in Venice. Hehe, where are you Tammy, Germany?

QUOTE]

Yes, in Germany. Having a blast traveling Europe. I am very excited to be leaving from Venice, as it has become one of my favorite citys in all Europe! I went to Carnivale this past Feb, and it was wonderful! We are arriving a day early to do shop shopping and exploring. (maybe take a trip to Marano)

It is a shame differnt ships. I so far haven't heard much about Classica. We choose it because I "had" to do Creet. (no matter how I spell it,it looks wrong this morning! sorry) I wish there was more info on Classica... but it seems I have choosen an off-beat ship?~?~?~?~

Hi Thammy,

I never sailed with Costa- so I just can compare it with CC, RCL or the QE 2. I am so exited about the Mediter.! Many say the newer ships are a bit overdone, the food is bad.... and so on. But I always think I have to explore myself, find out self how I like it or even don´t like it. I love Venice too, such a great city, not just to walk and shop, also for sailing out.

Classica may be a little bit older, but it is more like " italian" than the big one. So I think you will be okay, with Classica!

Greetings

Michael

Archived