B2B on Indy ~ Dec. 1 & 7 ~ My Diary

maxs mom

Go Dawgs!! (Says the girl who went to Clemson! BEAT OSU!) Keep cruising.....you'll get there!
Seconding the "Go Dawgs" -- DD & SIL graduated from UGA in 2001!! Love their games! Clemson beat us handily -- my boss was tweeting the game as his daughter just transferred there.

I will route for Clemson over OSU -- hope the Dawgs beat Nebraska. One more day for my triplet grandsons to wear their UGA shirts.

190051436_9-21-2013--All3incircle.jpg.782b166a8972ad442c67ac59efff69ec.jpg

We live in an active over 55 community (which started life as a regular development.) No bus service in or out so you must have somebody who drives. Also it is a long walk out of the development. We do have some older residents, usually 'rounders, but a large % are 'birds.

The social club does sponsor a cruise early in December but almost all participants are mobile.

Once both lose their mobility they move to a place with bus schedules in and out.

More Ice Show photos:

DSC01920_zpsc6c6f919.jpg

DSC01925_zps05afb103.jpg

DSC01929_zpsef4947e9.jpg

DSC01936_zps8c56e47b.jpg

DSC01944_zps8a4b7dd8.jpg

DSC01947_zps2b8c8933.jpg

I do remember that beautiful (by looks and by play) violin player, hope, she will be there on our next cruise in september. We missed the ice show last time, may be, we'll be there then. An ice show with live music doesn't occur very Otten.

Sherri......Cute Triplets! I was watching that Clemson/ GA game on the big screen out by the pool on a cruise!!

Bril......The violinist really makes the show!

OB.....haven't seen the ice show on the Oasis. That sounds good with a sand artist.

Sherri......Cute Triplets! I was watching that Clemson/ GA game on the big screen out by the pool on a cruise!!

Bril......The violinist really makes the show!

OB.....haven't seen the ice show on the Oasis. That sounds good with a sand artist.

We stopped by and talked to the violinist and purchased her CD. Now we can't find it, but we KNOW we packed it somewhere...

Tuesday ~ December 10th ~ St. Maarten

Up early today! Here we are arriving at one of my favorite islands!

DSC01989_zps6ab0882f.jpg

The Epic was already there.

DSC01990_zpsde39cde8.jpg

Four ships in port today.

We got down to breakfast at 7:30 and there wasn't a soul there!! Loved it. Talk about good service!

PC090306_zps6ba86906.jpg

We got all our beach gear together and met everyone in the CL. Everything looked great outside, so we took off for the taxi stand. The last time we were in St. Maarten we found a new area of Orient Beach to go to and loved it, so we were taking everybody there today. We got a taxi and headed to Palm Beach. It's at the very far end of Orient.

We were meeting some friends of ours who have a time share on St. Maarten and they happened to be there at this time. They were already at the beach bar when we arrived.

DSC01996_zpsf47d8bd7.jpg

The weather was a little iffy......spritzing rain and LOTS of wind. But it soon blew over and we actually ended up having a very nice day. We set up camp out on the beach. The chairs and umbrellas are free here if you eat lunch in their restaurant. Not a problem. We made a lunch reservation in their wonderful French restaurant for 12:00.

DSC01999_zps7a5b1dc7.jpg

DSC02000_zps31fb2b54.jpg

( Sorry.....I somehow unknowingly got a smudge on my lens, so these pictures from this day aren't very good.)

More pictures from Palm Beach:

DSC02002_zpsc812e16c.jpg

DSC02003_zps90808508.jpg

DSC02004_zps81959806.jpg

DSC_0728_zpsfd5414b8.jpg

DSC02006_zps5573e7df.jpg

This is the beach bar there. When you get there, you can start a tab and pay at the end of the day. The nice beach boy will bring you anything you want!

DSC02005_zps4c792c2a.jpg

I hate smudges on the lens, you can't see them in bright sunlight. When you look at the pictures later at home on the computer or even back at the ship....arrgghhh.

Epic is one fuggly ship, with the Frankenstein forehead.:p

That's exactly right! There was no way to ell about that smudge until we got them into the computer. Thank goodness we got it cleaned off instead of going the whole rest of the cruise with that on there! Last cruise, it was two tiny grains of sand that got in there when I was changing lenses out on the beach. I won't do that again!

I'm getting so impatient looking at your pictures :D

Did you have to reserve tickets for the ice show? I hear it's phenomenal!

No ......you don't have to reserve seats for this show. You will pick up the tickets the morning of the show down on the Promenade somewhere. I got ours from Raj, the Concierge. If you are in a Suite or D+/Pinnacle....you don't have to wait in line for the tickets. When you go to the Ice Show.....seating is first come....first served. So get there early and dress warmly! And watch out for old ladies that will yell at you if you sit I their seats!!!

You know.....that still gets to me.......the lady could have said in a nice way....."Excuse me.....but those seats are for my family and they will be right here." She didn't have to yell at us!

You know.....that still gets to me.......the lady could have said in a nice way....."Excuse me.....but those seats are for my family and they will be right here." She didn't have to yell at us!

You should have given her one of those glares that only teachers know how to give.

I am really enjoying your cruise review. I have read one or two of your past reviews, and what I really enjoy about your reviews are the way you journal your daily activities, with pictures. It's not the typical, in's and out's of a particular ship review, that you typically see on cruise critic. Though I enjoy those as well. haha!

I think it's very apparent that you and your husband love each other, and enjoy everybody and everything who happen to be along for the ride. I truly think that's wonderful.

Looking forward to your next journey.

Go Buckeyes ;)

We absolutely had the most wonderful lunch here and the best time visiting with each other! The prices in the restaurant are in Euros, but when they bring the bill......they convert it to US dollars.

DSC02034_zps88dec29d.jpg

Of course John has a hamburger!

DSC02035_zps36963bf1.jpg

DSC02036_zpsad406c1a.jpg

DSC02037_zps09cab179.jpg

Dessert:

DSC02038_zps11b844c9.jpg

I am really enjoying your cruise review. I have read one or two of your past reviews, and what I really enjoy about your reviews are the way you journal your daily activities, with pictures. It's not the typical, in's and out's of a particular ship review, that you typically see on cruise critic. Though I enjoy those as well. haha!

I think it's very apparent that you and your husband love each other, and enjoy everybody and everything who happen to be along for the ride. I truly think that's wonderful.

Looking forward to your next journey.

Go Buckeyes ;)

Awwww...thank you very much!! We really DO enjoy meeting people and having fun with those we meet. I never meet a stranger. I strike up conversations with everybody!

Go Tigers!!!