B2B on Indy ~ Dec. 1 & 7 ~ My Diary

maxs mom

I love your reviews! I'm heading on allure on jan 19th. Any recommendations for st Thomas or st Martin. You go to some good places. Also what is the ocean water temperature like down there now. I like warm water being a Florida girl! Can't wait for the rest of your review.

Happy new year.

Dawn

Great review and pictures! We're also doing a B2B on Indy!! Well the 6 day was this past January and the 8 day is coming up this March :D so kinda a back to back. :o

We're not quite Pinnacle not even Diamond, nor in a suite, but we do have the Ben and Jerrys Sweet booked so we will have access to the CL. Since one of my DD and myself are booked in the Sweet and my wife and other DD are booked in the balcony across the hall will all 4 of us be able to access the lounge? Just wondering.....:confused:

Hmmmmm.....I'm not sure about that one. Just ask the Concierge the first day. I would think it would depend on how crowded it is. Good luck. And congratulations on scoring the "Sweet"!

Thanks for the great review so far Max's mom. We are on the 8 night on Jan 18th and we were wondering if you could tell me what night was the dinner that has mainly Italian for the entrée. We would like to book Chops that evening and would be grateful for any info. Thanks in advance.

I was just getting ready to write about that. Italian night was the night we were in St. Kitts. I was getting tired of Italian night, but I found a new entrée that I loved. I'll share a picture later.

I love your reviews! I'm heading on allure on jan 19th. Any recommendations for st Thomas or st Martin. You go to some good places. Also what is the ocean water temperature like down there now. I like warm water being a Florida girl! Can't wait for the rest of your review.

Happy new year.

Dawn

Thanks, Dawn!

Well.....you saw my best recommendation for St. Maarten and that's Palm Beach on Orient. You have to specifically ask for Palm Beach and tell them it's at the far end. The taxi drivers like to drop you off at the other end, but they will take you there if you specifically ask for that beach bar. Another good beach bar with great food that we like to go to out there is Kakao.....again you need to specify that particular beach bar to be dropped off there. You have to pay $20 for two chairs and an umbrella there. The cruise ship excursion goes there......that's why we moved down to Palm Beach.....it's not near as crowded.

On St, Thomas.....everyone will tell you to go to Megan's Bay. Yeah.....Megan's Bay is beautiful, but it's wall to wall people. We went there years and years ago when it was unspoiled. It makes me sad to see it today. The last few times we went there, it just was not enjoyable to me. We started going to Sapphire Beach and loved it.....very nice (except for the restrooms! :eek:)......but now......more people have found it and the cruise ships have started dumping hords of people there. And the last time we were there.....the iguanas, who have always been there and have been no problem......have become quite aggressive. I think the people have started feeding them and now they are getting a little demanding. What a shame!

Anyway.....if you want a nice quiet beach....I would suggest Secret Harbour. It's a small resort not too far from Sapphire Beach. Great restaurant and bar, nice clean restrooms, and taxis available to take you back to the ship. I think after the iguana situation at Sapphire last time, we will head back over to Secret Harbour the next time we are in St. T.

Hope this helps.

Oh.....and the water temperature is refreshing!

Edited by max'smom

Hmmmmm.....I'm not sure about that one. Just ask the Concierge the first day. I would think it would depend on how crowded it is. Good luck. And congratulations on scoring the "Sweet"!

Thanks very much! I saw it open and my dd's were heck ya we want that room. Free ice cream for a week! Plus CL for me. Can't go wrong. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Thanks' date=' Dawn!

Well.....you saw my best recommendation for St. Maarten and that's Palm Beach on Orient. You have to specifically ask for Palm Beach and tell them it's at the far end. The taxi drivers like to drop you off at the other end, but they will take you there if you specifically ask for that beach bar. Another good beach bar with great food that we like to go to out there is Kakao.....again you need to specify that particular beach bar to be dropped off there. You have to pay $20 for two chairs and an umbrella there. The cruise ship excursion goes there......that's why we moved down to Palm Beach.....it's not near as crowded.

On St, Thomas.....everyone will tell you to go to Megan's Bay. Yeah.....Megan's Bay is beautiful, but it's wall to wall people. We went there years and years ago when it was unspoiled. It makes me sad to see it today. The last few times we went there, it just was not enjoyable to me. We started going to Sapphire Beach and loved it.....very nice (except for the restrooms! :eek:)......but now......more people have found it and the cruise ships have started dumping hords of people there. And the last time we were there.....the iguanas, who have always been there and have been no problem......have become quite aggressive. I think the people have started feeding them and now they are getting a little demanding. What a shame!

Anyway.....if you want a nice quiet beach....I would suggest Secret Harbour. It's a small resort not too far from Sapphire Beach. Great restaurant and bar, nice clean restrooms, and taxis available to take you back to the ship. I think after the iguana situation at Sapphire last time, we will head back over to Secret Harbour the next time we are in St. T.

Hope this helps.

Oh.....and the water temperature is refreshing![/size']

Thanks so much for the feedback. I will check out the secret harbour place!

Jane, I've enjoyed reading your review especially since we will be sailing on Indy in two weeks. :) You've mentioned having breakfast in a section of the MDR for D/D+ members. Does Indy have a section/room in the Windjammer for D/D+ like there is on Freedom? Thanks.

Thanks again for the great review. I'm re-asking a question since I think you missed it a few days ago (hope you don't mind). When would you recommend emailing Raj about booking a cabana? We're on the 3/1 sailing.

Another perspective - we went to Sapphire Beach last year and loved it. Wasn't crowded all and we did some nice snorkeling from there with our own gear. The iguanas were around but didn't bother us.

Jane, I've enjoyed reading your review especially since we will be sailing on Indy in two weeks. :) You've mentioned having breakfast in a section of the MDR for D/D+ members. Does Indy have a section/room in the Windjammer for D/D+ like there is on Freedom? Thanks.

No ...they do not have that. I liked that at lunchtime on the Freedom. They let Suite Guests into Chops for lunch on Indy, but they check cards very carefully in there to make sure you belong there.

Thanks again for the great review. I'm re-asking a question since I think you missed it a few days ago (hope you don't mind). When would you recommend emailing Raj about booking a cabana? We're on the 3/1 sailing.

Another perspective - we went to Sapphire Beach last year and loved it. Wasn't crowded all and we did some nice snorkeling from there with our own gear. The iguanas were around but didn't bother us.

Hey! I'm so sorry.....I DID miss your question! You could go ahead and try it now. I don't know if he will respond yet or not. But I would give it a try. He usually contacts the Suite Guests the week before.....but I don't think it would hurt to try now. Good luck!! We thoroughly enjoyed our cabana on the 8 night leg.

Yes....I think it was the iguanas that kinda got to us this last time. They tried to jump in our chairs and one followed John everywhere he went. They stalked us and it was un-nerving. They had never been like that before. I'm sure we'll go back there. We love to sit in the shade under the trees to the far right when you go in.

So we had a wonderful day at the Marriott!! We relaxed...had lunch and drinks delivered to our chairs. The restaurant was right there, but we were so lazy and the waitress was so accommodating.

We packed up and headed back to the ship around 2:45-3:00.

DSC02129_zps1d254f7d.jpg

On the way through the lobby, we made quick use of the Wi-Fi!!

DSC02132_zpsac21ce00.jpg

DSC02133_zps5cac1f03.jpg

We lucked out and got a really nice, brand new van for our ride back to the ship:

DSC02135_zps42a13036.jpg

DSC02136_zps47182d42.jpg

DSC02139_zpsa7f0619b.jpg

Jane,

Terrific review (as usual)! Have you booked your next cruise? Will you be going on the quantum?

Not yet. Waiting on our passports to be renewed and as soon as we get them back.....we'll book something. Hoping to get a good last minute deal! Hope to go on the Quantum at some time, but we'll let them get the kinks worked out first!

Edited by max'smom

What a beautiful review with awesome pictures.

I really enjoyed reading this and did it from page one all the way thru!!!

Okay Questions:

1. I saw you are D+ and stayed in a D2 cabin.....so did your D+ status get you in barefoot beach......if it was........it was a perk I did not know about (nice).

2. This review was about a B2B on the INDY, OK which RCI ship and Itineary is your favorite?

3. Packing for your B2B, did you use the laundy services on board?

Thank you......

Sea Ya

What a beautiful review with awesome pictures.

I really enjoyed reading this and did it from page one all the way thru!!!

Okay Questions:

1. I saw you are D+ and stayed in a D2 cabin.....so did your D+ status get you in barefoot beach......if it was........it was a perk I did not know about (nice). No....D+ does not get you into Barefoot. Being good friends with the Concierge does! The second week our Owner's Suite friends got a cabana and we were their guests that week.

2. This review was about a B2B on the INDY, OK which RCI ship and Itineary is your favorite? My favorite B2B is out of San Juan....I believe the Jewel and Adventure are there now. They hit a lot of our favorite islands and the itinerary is different for both weeks. I prefer a Radiance Class ship over all others. I think our number one favorite cruise was Scandinavia/Russia....then Alaska...then Panama Canal. Mediterranean is a great one, too.

3. Packing for your B2B, did you use the laundy services on board? Yes....we did use the laundry on board for underwear, tshirts, pajamas, socks....things like that. They do a nice job, but I wouldn't send anything good. I don't like my good clothes dried all the way.

Thank you......

Sea Ya

Needed to lengthen this for some reason before it would post.

LOL - yes I think being stalked by iguanas would have freaked me out too. Facing the water at Sapphire, we went to the far left.

Sue, I saw your question about laundry. We have always used it on every cruise and been quite pleased. D+ does not get you into Barefoot Beach - only suites and I guess Pinnacle since they get the gold cards.

Looking forward to the rest of the great review!

As we were leaving St, Kitts that evening.....the clouds closed in again and it began to rain once more. We really lucked out with our beautiful day!

DSC02154_zps2e04f6d8.jpg

We had a very nice visit in the CL tonight, but it was very crowded and hard to get seats. There were over 700 D/D+/P on board this week so we were lucky we were able to have seats.

DSC02156_zps1373f92c.jpg

We sent this picture to Helen's daughter so that she would know that she was well taken care of this week!!

DSC02157_zps545b33f1.jpg

DSC02158_zps776a11a1.jpg

DSC02165_zps0c829bbd.jpg

DSC02166_zpsde19f4a8.jpg

Thursday ~ Dec. 12th ~ San Juan

Good Morning San Juan!!

DSC02182_zps81598edb.jpg

DSC02183_zps973e2e7c.jpg

DSC02185_zpsd593c42d.jpg

DSC02186_zps903b6e5e.jpg

We were already docked when I woke up at 7 this morning. Looks like a good day .....it was hot, hot, hot.

CL for coffee.

MDR for breakfast at about 7:45. You MUST go to the MDR for breakfast early to get good service and not have to stand in line to get in. Every day when we left the dining room....the line was long, long. long. And they were complaining, complaining, complaining!! Seems like someone would learn not to go at that time!

Anyway, that morning we happened to sit by pinkrosesdeb.....the CC member that started our roll call. It was good to meet her and her husband. We enjoyed talking to them.

DSC02187_zps72d3911f.jpg

Our night time waiter also served us for breakfast every morning. Nice guy!!

DSC02188_zps65b79538.jpg

Edited by max'smom