Spa services question

iconoclast

I've heard that if you want to book a massage it's better to wait until the first day of the cruise and then attend the spa tour, as they give out discounts and hold a raffle for services. On ships without the Cloud 9 premium spas, is that still the case? Sailing on the Pride soon and wondered if we should book massages in advance or wait until the first day and take the tour.

Yes, there will be a raffle and spa specials. There are also specials through out the week, and they seem to get cheaper as the week goes on. Don't Ever pay full price....it's expensive even with the discounts, but oh so worth it, IMO .

Edited by 2 cruzen

Like others have said, they offer discounts all through the week. Also, sometimes during the art auction they will auction off on. The key if they do this is not to let bidding get very high cause after they have a "winning bid" they will offer to let everyone but it at that price if you sign up right then.

I went on the Pride at the end of October. We attended the raffle (it was right around the time of sail away so not highly attended). You had to be present to win, so some names called were thrown out. They called my husband's name - and he won a hot stone massage! Luckily, he gave it to me. It was nice, I believe it was 50 minutes.

So, I would definitely enter in the raffle and remember to be present to win. You never know. If not, wait until you are on the ship, you will get papers in your cabin regarding spa specials.