Liberty Windjammer Dec 16, 2013

Jack&Laura

BTW, clearly the OP didn't speak to *everyone* on the ship. still, there's no need to pick on one word. S/he's not under oath here, so being a little casual with language hardly deserves all these reprimands.

That's how the Cruise Critic bullies love to operate! Ignoring the topic completely and picking at someone's phrasing.

That's how the Cruise Critic bullies love to operate! Ignoring the topic completely and picking at someone's phrasing.

That's how the Cruise Critic white knights love to operate! Ignoring that the OP was using high levels of drama, absolute terms to make their feelings seem more legitimate, and general whining... but pulling the insanely popular bully card to stand up for someone who didn't need standing up for.

Hyperbolic generalization works both ways.

Personally Im not impressed by any buffet on RCCL but I can always find a plate of food to eat;)

And I stear clear of any minute steak or hamburger as they are leather

Edited by jonbgd

We were on the liberty on 12/12 and was surprised that the windjammer food was better then on other cruises we have been on there was a nice selection, evertyhing we had was at the correct doneness. We do not normally go to the WJ but did not want to hassle with the MDR and enjoyed it the one night we dined there.

Edited by dfishner

We were on this same cruise and I have to agree the Windjammer food was just awful. Although the MDR food was better is was still the worse cruise food we have ever had. This was our first RC cruise and although the ship was amazing I would not sail again with RC because of the low quality of food. Again we didn't starve but we were very disappointed.

That's how the Cruise Critic white knights love to operate! Ignoring that the OP was using high levels of drama, absolute terms to make their feelings seem more legitimate, and general whining... but pulling the insanely popular bully card to stand up for someone who didn't need standing up for.

Hyperbolic generalization works both ways.

You just proved my point about the bullies on here. Thanks!

And you used some big words doing it! "Hyperbolic generalization"... WOW! I am beyond impressed here! I'ma write that down so I can use that sometime myself ! "Hyperbolic generalization ..."!

Here is one of the problems.......If you go to MacDonald's you get a

Big Mac......it taste like the Big Mac you had in another state last week. My friend has a bad stomach.......So he goes for the Rice Pudding soon as he gets on the ship. Sometimes it is in the Asian Side. In two years he has been on the Majesty, Enchantment, Liberty (never before a complaint), 10 days on Vision 25 cruises in 27 months.. Loved all, did not complain about the food until this Sept 16th trip......He actually had to spit out the vanilla pudding it was so bad and went for the chocolate rice pudding, it was just as bad. RCCL has recipes, they sell the Recipe Book. I ask you are they dropping ingredients, not following the recipe? If they check into this I believe there will be a big difference because something is seriously wrong. They really need to get to the bottom of this. Yes! We will go back on the Liberty in a month or so but......really............I can survive on Yogurt for 5 days. If you were not on this cruise stop dissing those that were. Do not compare to Liberty TA or last year. This

is his 5th cruise on Liberty in the 27 months and never a complaint. We are very Loyal To Royal........just wondering what is going on, and as a business....management should wonder also. BTW: I have been in the restaurant business all my life, from waitress to management with National Chains....We're talking fast food here. No way they would put up with this.

Edited by dealer9296

If you were not on this cruise stop dissing those that were. Do not compare to Liberty TA or last year. This

is his 5th cruise on Liberty in the 27 months and never a complaint. We are very Loyal To Royal........just wondering what is going on, and as a business....management should wonder also.

Was on THIS cruise (actually a B2B2B) so I guess MY opinion might be valid? Been on Liberty more than 5 times in the last 27 months (why that criteria is needed I'm not sure).... Everything was fine for us and, lol, EVERYONE said so...:D

Was on THIS cruise (actually a B2B2B) so I guess MY opinion might be valid?

Absolutely and appreciated by me, seldom is there anything agreed upon 100%. On a B2B2B more that likely you would have the same crew. Don't you just love a B2B

Been on Liberty more than 5 times in the last 27 months (why that criteria is needed I'm not sure.

Didn't mean to brag or rub anyone the wrong way.......However.....

I was trying to point out that things were fine with us for the last 27 months on Liberty with a few cruises in there. No Complaints in those months. I believe this has been since its return to US or after leaving last year. This was our 1st trip this year on Liberty.

Edited by dealer9296

That's a pretty big brush you're painting with there! lol You must talk to a lot of people. I do too, but didn't quite cover several thousand.

I know for a fact, not "EVERYONE" on the cruise complained about the Windjammer food in particular and all the food overall on the Liberty". :D

We (and I'll go out on a limb here and say a "few" other folks) had some very good food at the WJ and elsewhere. :)

You beat me to you. I had the same thoughts.

OP!!!

I didn't expect 5 star steaks, but I've had better ones at the Waffle House than what was available in the Windjammer.

What I wouldn't give to be able to go to a Waffle House for breakfast tomorrow!

Big Mac......it taste like the Big Mac you had in another state last week. My friend has a bad stomach.......So he goes for the Rice Pudding soon as he gets on the ship. Sometimes it is in the Asian Side. In two years he has been on the Majesty, Enchantment, Liberty (never before a complaint), 10 days on Vision 25 cruises in 27 months.. Loved all, did not complain about the food until this Sept 16th trip......He actually had to spit out the vanilla pudding it was so bad and went for the chocolate rice pudding, it was just as bad. RCCL has recipes, they sell the Recipe Book. I ask you are they dropping ingredients, not following the recipe? If they check into this I believe there will be a big difference because something is seriously wrong. They really need to get to the bottom of this. Yes! We will go back on the Liberty in a month or so but......really............I can survive on Yogurt for 5 days. If you were not on this cruise stop dissing those that were. Do not compare to Liberty TA or last year. This

is his 5th cruise on Liberty in the 27 months and never a complaint. We are very Loyal To Royal........just wondering what is going on, and as a business....management should wonder also. BTW: I have been in the restaurant business all my life, from waitress to management with National Chains....We're talking fast food here. No way they would put up with this.

Too many people agreeing about the downgraded food aboard Liberty. I'm getting just a little nervous, as we sail the Liberty in just 4 weeks!

Now I have heard it all. RCI makes crappy pudding! lolol Calling tomorrow to cancel our next cruise!

Now I have heard it all. RCI makes crappy pudding! lolol Calling tomorrow to cancel our next cruise!

future cruises

Liberty of the Seas 1-23-14 4 night Cozumel

Enjoy your cruise! Hopefully it will be the same as 7/4/09 when you last sailed Liberty.

The boat is beautiful and clean.........hope it is a great cruise for you.

I am moving on......milked this as long as I care to. Back to my life.

Happy New Year to all.

Who goes to a buffet for a steak? sheesh

Agreed!!! but you can do it in Celebrity. Last summer on the Eclipse they opened an area on the buffet where you could order steaks and fish. They were made to order by a chef. We only tried it once and were really impressed. BTW, I don't know if this is offered on every ship.

Agreed!!! but you can do it in Celebrity. Last summer on the Eclipse they opened an area on the buffet where you could order steaks and fish. They were made to order by a chef. We only tried it once and were really impressed. BTW, I don't know if this is offered on every ship.

Never sailed Celebrity but they are def more expensive so I wouldnt be suprised. We enjoy the RC activities and things like the flowrider and Celeb is an older demographic. Wouldn't mind trying it someday.

Before we sailed on the IOS last year I kept reading threads about horrible service and terrible food. Our experience was wonderful. We had top notch service. Got spoiled rotten and ate delicious food. I'm sure some folks are harder to please then others. I'm not worried about sub par food on my upcoming cruise. I'm still amazed they can feed that many people!!

Edited by goldgirl2

Every cruise I have been on has had items in the buffet that were really good.

Some are ok, and some have been excellent. I toss the stuff that is bad and eat the good stuff. It's the nature of the food served.

Even things like rare and well done are subjective. With steaks, my wife like it rare. Think 1/2 inch porterhouse. Drop it on the grill, count to ten and turn over. Count to 3 and serve. Called rare! I call it raw. To my wife, anything beyond this cooking time is well done.

Just relax and make the most of what is available. As mentioned by other posters, there is always something being saved you can eat. :D

• 1 month later...

Never been on liberty but I cruised royal Caribbean multiple times. I was never WOWed by the windjammer but I never expected to be either. It's a buffet for a few thousand people. I ALWAYS eat dinner in the MDR and I usually do breakfast in there as well. In my opinion the quality of food and the service is light years ahead of the windjammer. I'm just so happy that there are folks who enjoy the windjammer because that's more food for me in the MDR. lol

considering all the germs/bugs running around on a cruise ship why would anyone consider eating a rare steak?

don't get skipping the MDR for the WJ for dinner.. We have never spent 2 hours eating in the MDR it's called MTD. even if it did take over an hour or so you got someone to go on a cruise ship that won't be there an hour later?

considering all the germs/bugs running around on a cruise ship why would anyone consider eating a rare steak?

Because the rare part is on the INSIDE, not the OUTSIDE! :D

Seriously though, that's why its considered not healthy or safe to eat ground beef rare, but steaks rare are quite safe.

You continue to impress.

thank you

I call BS on how safe rare steaks are to eat. are they getting all their beef in the US when they are cruising anywhere not starting in a US port? a truly rare steak is not going to be crispy on the outside or is the center going to be warn enough to kill a whole long list of thing. particularly if it's laid around the WJ for an hour.

http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/bacteria-meat-causing-risk

Steak. Here's a dirty little secret about your steak dinner: Heavy use of antibiotics and other methods used on America's feedlots produce tougher meat, says Klein. So slaughterhouses have increasingly turned to a practice called "mechanical tenderization," a process that uses needles or blades to pierce the exterior of a piece of meat to tenderize it. However, in doing so, she says, those needles or blades drive any bacteria that may be living on the exterior of a piece of meat further into the flesh. So when that filet or T-bone reaches the restaurant and you order it medium-rare, the bacteria on the outside will be killed when the steak is seared, but anything living on the inside will continue to thrive. More than half of the 82 outbreaks linked to steak during the study period could be linked to E. coli, a bacterium that's commonly found on the exterior of whole cuts of meat.

Edited by Sherlock43031