Bringing Soda/juice on board?

jamesnnb

Last few cruises' date=' we brought on Mountain Dew and Sobe drinks. I'm not a fan of cans (hate the metallic taste) so I bring 2-liter and individual 16 or 24 oz bottles. I do not care for the taste of Coke/Sprite products, especially the diet versions. I did drink a lot of the lemonade available in the Horizon Court and by the pool.[/quote']

I liked the lemonade too and had it several timesl as we didn't manage to get the water I also bought several bottles of water at the pool and drank the large bottle plus one in our room, and drank the water served with dinner, but I prefer bottled so felt I didn't drink nearly as much water I do on lbs on board which isn't good with all the extra calories you eat on a cruise and time in the sun. I wasn't a fan of the iced teal I

On MSC they didn't even give you water with meals. :eek:

Europeans are accustomed to paying for water. In the United States and Canada, cold tap water is automatically served at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, unless a restaurant patron specifically requests that such water not be served. Americans and Canadians do not pay extra for tap water, unless they visit Europe.

from

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1212144

Actually, I don't understand why people go to the trouble to haul drinks aboard that they can easily buy on the ship. :confused:
Becuz I'm tired of being nickeled and dimed. Pay for coffee? Pay for soda? Each of which costs pennies a serving. Just add $xx on to the thousands I'm already paying, then just tell me it's free. Edited by sally885

I am taking a 35 pack of bottled water on board with me for my two weeks on the Ruby, which I very likely will use, climate being what it is. This way I can be assured of having cold bottles of water to take ashore. I believe they charge several dollars for Evian at the gangway?

Yep, or Crystal Geyser spring water on some ships.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Geez, given that Crystal Geyser is about the cheapest spring water you can buy, that's almost insulting. I've known some (very minor league) musical performers and that was what they used to order for the dressing room and stage because it was cheap and they'd get more out of their rider (i.e. food and drink the venue supplied).

Geez, given that Crystal Geyser is about the cheapest spring water you can buy, that's almost insulting. I've known some (very minor league) musical performers and that was what they used to order for the dressing room and stage because it was cheap and they'd get more out of their rider (i.e. food and drink the venue supplied).

The scorecard grades 173 bottled water brands, including the 10 top-selling U.S. ones as follows:

Pure Life Purified Water (Nestle), B

Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water (Nestle), C

Aquafina Purified Drinking Water (Pepsi), D

Dasani Purified Water (Coca-Cola), D

Deer Park Natural Spring Water (Nestle), D

Ice Mountain Natural Spring Water (Nestle), D

Ozarka Natural Spring Water (Nestle), D

Poland Spring Natural Spring Water (Nestle), D

Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water (Nestle), D

Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water (CG Roxane), F

from

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/greenhouse/post/2011/01/bottled-water-lack-key-data/1