Tasteless desserts on the buffet

missouri mike

I guess the only thing we can be sure of is that they won't be any worse, or any more tasteless.

Cant be sure of that. We were told the new playlist productions would be brilliant and most people have been saying they were much worse than the old style productions.

MDR deserts were all good and portions were small enough not to worry too much about carbs. I really love the bitter and blanc bread pudding thingy.

On embarkation, we had some apple thingy from the lido buffet that was really good, especially with the soft serve ice cream. I think that was the only day they had that desert. We did not partake of any other deserts on the buffet.

Room service cheesecake was delicious.

I wasn't impressed with the chocolate buffet either. I didn't get anything bc to me it didn't even look good. But it looked lovely if that makes sense. Unlike the others I really liked the cheesecake from the steakhouse but I love all different kinds of cheesecake. I wasn't thrilled about wcmc I am sure at one time in my life I would've been. Just not too much of a sweet eater any longer for some reason. Give me sour or savory.

I thought the steakhouse cheesecake was good also. But I don't like CHEESECAKE in the traditional sense (like new York cheese cake). I like light, fluffy cheesecakes and actually like jello no bake cheesecake.

I agree the desserts on the buffet were nothing to write home about. Most days I skipped it. But my cruise rule is only one dessert a day (usually) and I save that for dinner.

Might have to try the cookies. I had the ones from room service and I thought they tasted like chips ahoy to me. :D Decent, but not worth the calories. hopefully the ones on the buffet are better.

Has anybody else noticed this? They look great, but, are tasteless. Am I grabbing the wrong desserts from the buffet? Is this just a European (or somewhere else) thing? Maybe I eat way too many Milky Ways...lol.

Yes, I have noticed this especially with the desserts at chocolate buffet. I do like the chocolate chip cookies from the buffet during lunch time. They are tasty.

Dee

We are just off the Dream and thought the same thing about the desserts - we like the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake in the dining room and the ice cream from the Gathering - but other than that, we never found another dessert we liked - EXCEPT the creme brulee our table mates special ordered for the last night (and generously ordered enough for all of us).

We were seriously disappointed in the chocolate buffet at lunch on the last sea day.

We are just off the Dream and thought the same thing about the desserts - we like the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake in the dining room and the ice cream from the Gathering - but other than that, we never found another dessert we liked - EXCEPT the creme brulee our table mates special ordered for the last night (and generously ordered enough for all of us).

We were seriously disappointed in the chocolate buffet at lunch on the last sea day.

Dont know if it is cheap chocolate but we dont even bother with the choc buffet anymore

Dont know if it is cheap chocolate but we dont even bother with the choc buffet anymore

You're probably right, Stu. So many candy companies and low end confectioners are using "mock"olate now, that it wouldn't be surprising. There is a clear taste difference and it's not a good one.

If you need a chocolate fix, just order the the cake from room service. Mmm mmm good! :)

You're probably right, Stu. So many candy companies and low end confectioners are using "mock"olate now, that it wouldn't be surprising. There is a clear taste difference and it's not a good one.

If you need a chocolate fix, just order the the cake from room service. Mmm mmm good! :)

Have to try that next time. Used to have flan on room service menu and that was awesome.

Or room service. I order a plate the first night, then place the rest in baggies for the rest of the cruise.

I also like the chocolate cover strawberries

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

Can get fresh choc chip cookies daily on lido so why put in baggies and let them get soft during the cruise?

The cheesecake just isn't cheesecake... Even the office-building-sized one they serve in the steakhouses.

It's not NY cheesecake. It's Italian cheesecake and contains ricotta, which is much lighter than cream cheese.

I like it :)