Tasteless desserts on the buffet

missouri mike

Hmm, good idea. What could they do but just put another one out. Lol. Or just take a piece at a time until you have a whole one on your plate. Lol. "Look, he just took a whole pie" :eek:

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

Thought of it but at some point they will run out and others might not get to try it.

Now if I ask them to put a whole one a box to store in our frig _____

Has anybody else noticed this? They look great, but, are tasteless. Am I grabbing the wrong desserts from the buffet? Is this just a European (or somewhere else) thing? Maybe I eat way too many Milky Ways...lol.

It's not a European thing. They look sooo good, ... and then you taste it. WTH!!!

The one good thing about this is that it keeps a few lbs. off DH and I. ;)

I taste them, if they have no taste or taste like crap (it's most of them) I don't eat another bite.

Has anybody else noticed this? They look great, but, are tasteless. Am I grabbing the wrong desserts from the buffet? Is this just a European (or somewhere else) thing? Maybe I eat way too many Milky Ways...lol.

I totally agree with you. Carnival changed their buffet desserts a few years ago. They are really pretty, but have little flavor. Most of the desserts in the dining room are pretty good, but definitely not so at the buffet.

I agree about their chocolate chip cookies!! They are the BOMB!!!! Overall, I am not really a desert person, but I always save room in the MDR for the WCMC!!!!! That stuff is INSANELY good!!!!!!:D:D

Where do I find the choc chip cookies???

I would visit the MDR once in awhile, or just bring your own candy bars lol.

The buffet desserts make me sad. :-( The "cheesecake" is the worst. And the cakes normally have a really weird texture.

I do love the key lime pie though.

539524_10102775729931813_692849705_n.jpg

This dessert is pretty yummy too. Normally on the buffet the same day as the key lime pie.

261384_10102775730051573_1267909972_n.jpg

I also really like the cake that's in this picture. Can't remember what it is exactly though.

485239_10102776277210063_231873227_n.jpg

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that the cookies are BAKED on the ship, but brought on to the ship in the form of frozen cookie dough. My husband works in a higher education cafeteria, and all their cookies come in a a frozen case.

I do think the desserts were better on the Liberty this past year than they were on the Dream and Elation in 2010/2011. I still enjoy the chocolate mint gateau (usually served on embarkation day), the cake pops, and few other items. I generally stay far away from anything labeled as cheesecake or mousse - not wort the calories in my experience. ;)

I did not read all the posts but I LOVE their cookies!! Always take baggies and put a few in there and take them to our cabin for midnight snack.:D

Wow, 5 Carnival cruises and I've never tried the cookies, Key Lime pie, or Guys burgers. Guess I'll have lots to eat on the Liberty if I don't like the new menus. Also going to order a grilled cheese from room service. Btw, the apple dessert in the Steakhouse is quite good, IMO. I also like the chocolate mint cake on embarkation day in Lido but agree most of the other desserts look better than they taste.