Diamond Club Lounge Pictures- Legend of the Seas

I have posted these pictures in my earlier review of the Legend of the Seas March 2013 Borneo cruise review. However, I realised that it was very difficult for a cruise critic member to search for the pictures using the search function. Therefore, I am creating a new thread with a more specific title so that people can find this more easily.

-------------------

Our Diamond C&A Booklet. This is our first cruise as Diamonds. Definitely a nice milestone for us.

9sfhwy.jpg

As newly minted Diamond C&A members, we were looking forward to using the Diamond Club Lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and I think we will not cruise on a Royal ship again if there isn’t a Diamond Club onboard! Here was the entrance, on Deck 9.

20u2uj6.jpg

This was during breakfast hours, Day 2 of the cruise.

el2rsi.jpg

Breakfast drinks and the coffee machine. Oh, what a wonderful machine. It was available round-the-clock. They also had cups to-go.

50fqm1.jpg

Continental breakfast offerings. Same every day.

anolyd.jpg

This is the Diamond Concierge desk. His name was Andrew Finegold, an American.

b3jrxl.jpg

The lounge is on the hump. Good views.

2ymys8x.jpg

The Diamond Club lounge from the corner. Capacity was about 40. I did ask Andrew what would happen if there were many Diamonds on the Legend. Ours had 37 and clearly not all used the lounge, at least not at the same time. So the lounge didn’t feel crowded at all. Andrew wasn’t sure, but I think they will face this challenge when the Legend sails to Europe and USA.

29def4i.jpg

Diamond Club Concierge Hours.

35dag4x.jpg

For the rest of the pictures, please check out my blog post here:

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/09/diamond-club-lounge-royal-caribbean.html

Nice pictures, we enjoyed the DL on Enchantment for breakfast as it was hardly ever used and was quite pleasant, we have since sailed the Explorer with only a Diamond Event, it's not as nice but was still ok if there was someone else there to chat with.

We just got off the Legend, as D+ members. I'm sure there is a big difference between sailing Borneo and sailing the Caribbean where the Legend is now. I love having access to the lounges too, especially when the lounges are easily used by members and intimate. I just don't find this on the Caribbean sailings.

The Legend has gone to coupons on your sea pass, no booklets are used on the Legend any longer. I preferred the coupon books, but I know others like the sea pass type.

We had an exorbitant number of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles on board making use of the Diamond and Concierge club very difficult except in the mornings where the continental breakfast was served. If we wanted a seat in the concierge club for the nightly event we'd have to have seats an hour before it started. So we typically would attend the Diamond party in the Anchors Away Lounge which was very nice and had plenty of seats for everyone; however, you lost that intimacy of the smaller lounges. As you walked in they would have a big table with white or red wine and/or champagne already poured. You could get liquor drinks, but the staff was pulled in many directions so drinks took a while, even tipping very well we often would have to wait or track down a waiter on the other side of the huge lounge.

Andrew was very nice, as was Luca the concierge. Both made attempts to make everyone feel welcome. Andrew really had his hands full with the number of Diamonds on board but he had many staff helping him check sea passes at the door of those entering the nightly event at Anchors. They guarded the doors all 3 1/2 hours making sure everyone who entered was legitimate and that no one brought any drinks out.

We just got off the Legend, as D+ members. I'm sure there is a big difference between sailing Borneo and sailing the Caribbean where the Legend is now. I love having access to the lounges too, especially when the lounges are easily used by members and intimate. I just don't find this on the Caribbean sailings.

The Legend has gone to coupons on your sea pass, no booklets are used on the Legend any longer. I preferred the coupon books, but I know others like the sea pass type.

We had an exorbitant number of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles on board making use of the Diamond and Concierge club very difficult except in the mornings where the continental breakfast was served. If we wanted a seat in the concierge club for the nightly event we'd have to have seats an hour before it started. So we typically would attend the Diamond party in the Anchors Away Lounge which was very nice and had plenty of seats for everyone; however, you lost that intimacy of the smaller lounges. As you walked in they would have a big table with white or red wine and/or champagne already poured. You could get liquor drinks, but the staff was pulled in many directions so drinks took a while, even tipping very well we often would have to wait or track down a waiter on the other side of the huge lounge.

Andrew was very nice, as was Luca the concierge. Both made attempts to make everyone feel welcome. Andrew really had his hands full with the number of Diamonds on board but he had many staff helping him check sea passes at the door of those entering the nightly event at Anchors. They guarded the doors all 3 1/2 hours making sure everyone who entered was legitimate and that no one brought any drinks out.

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, you make very good points. Nowadays, there are so many Diamond and above members, I think the lounges would find it very hard to cope.

I realised this during our Borneo cruise when Andrew Finegold told us that there were fewer than 50 Diamonds and above on board. I did ask him what would happen if there were hundreds of Diamonds and above on a cruise, which was rather typical in sailings from the more established cruise markets. He just told me that he would be really busy!!

Anyway, this is a shameless plug, but perhaps the relative scarcity of Diamonds in Asia is a good reason to take a cruise from Singapore. Welcome to Singapore in advance!

PS: My dear father (now retired ) is bringing my mother on a last minute cruise on the Mariner of the Seas out of Singapore in Feb 14. I asked him to take lots and lots of pictures of the D Lounge. Hope that materializes and I'll put them up for all to see!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

I was on the same cruise as Linda, and she went over it very well. The only different experience I found was I never had trouble with crowds in the Diamond Lounge when I visited. Like she said, the Diamond Cocktail Party was held in the Anchors Aweigh Lounge, which had plenty of room (though hard to track down a waiter to get a drink besides wine/champagne). Otherwise I used the Diamond Lounge a number of times to get a coffee and relax, and never found more then a dozen people in there. And those times were during sailaway where all the seats by the window were taken (still leaving plenty in the rest of the lounge).

PS: My dear father (now retired ) is bringing my mother on a last minute cruise on the Mariner of the Seas out of Singapore in Feb 14. I asked him to take lots and lots of pictures of the D Lounge. Hope that materializes and I'll put them up for all to see!

The Diamond Lounge on the Mariner is very nice. It is right inside the Viking Lounge with wonderful views. There is a door leading to an outside area to enjoy that part of the ship as well. We were on the Mariner last January in the Caribbean and found the lounge well used in the evenings. It could get busy and many D+ came to enjoy. They reported the Concierge Lounge to be very crowded on our sailing. Overflow would go out into the Viking Lounge. Early in the cruise, the Diamond concierge had his hands full the first few nights, but it tapered off as the cruise progressed. Most mornings we opted for the coffee/juice/breakfast offered and never saw more than 3 or 4 there. It is a very nice venue.

Our funniest memory was a lady who was diamond, but her significant other was not. She attempted a couple of times to crash the Diamond Lounge with him only to be told "sorry". For some reason, we kept running into them all over the ship. We did have to smile a bit because she was finally successful on the last day to "smuggle" him into the designated diamond breakfast area off of the main dining room. She totally relished that coup. Great entertainment and didn't cost us a penny. :D

We were also on the same ship as Linda. Sorry not to have been able to make M&M.

We found the Concierge Lounge packed to capacity almost every night. On the first night the Anchors Away lounge was not crowded at all, but many had found it on the second night. There were 19 Pinnacle Club members onboard, many more D+, and like Linda, we found the Anchors Away lounge to be uninviting. Just too large and no way to pull tables together for groups.I didn't meet Andrew, but Luca did as good a job as anyone could, making people feel at home.

This cruise reminds me that at some point, Royal Caribbean will be making changes in who will be allowed in what lounge. Only time will tell!

Rick

Thanks for sharing!

Anyway, this is a shameless plug, but perhaps the relative scarcity of Diamonds in Asia is a good reason to take a cruise from Singapore. Welcome to Singapore in advance!

!

We sailed the Serenade in October in the Med. There were only 30 or so D+. we were able to get a window seat in the CL any night. We adored Mario CL and Alan in the Diamond Lounge equally that we would split our time between both lounges. The DL opened the door to use a small part of the Viking Lounge for overflow on some nights. The CL was never crowded. We absolutely loved having a great place to go every night for cocktails and get to know everyone. I so much prefer having just a bagel and coffee in the quiet lounge rather than the crowds in WJ.

Oh, I forgot to mention we even got upgrades to JS by C&A. So yes, sailing with status on other than a Caribbean cruise is very different lounge experience and a good reason to fly outside the US to board your ship and see how the other side enjoys.

As for Asia. I do that a lot for work. Not fond of the area so I will pass on that one.

I think the overcrowding was caused by the fact that this was a C&A Members cruise. Probably had three or four times the number of Diamonds and above. I do see that from the pictures that they should put a few more chairs in the lounges. All other ships are now allowing folks to remove their drinks from the lounges if they are in the middle of the drink. I have been on the Indy, Freedom, and Allure in the past year, and all of them allow you to remove drinks. Some will even top them off for you. H

I think the overcrowding was caused by the fact that this was a C&A Members cruise. Probably had three or four times the number of Diamonds and above. I do see that from the pictures that they should put a few more chairs in the lounges. All other ships are now allowing folks to remove their drinks from the lounges if they are in the middle of the drink. I have been on the Indy, Freedom, and Allure in the past year, and all of them allow you to remove drinks. Some will even top them off for you. H

Actually, the members cruise ended on 12/12, when we boarded the Legend for a Southern Caribbean cruise. There were some that stayed aboard from the Panama Canal cruise.

And yes, drinks were allowed to leave the Concierge lounge and the Anchors Away lounge on this cruise. Not having visited the Diamond lounge during the cocktail hours, I cannot say whether Andrew allowed passengers to take drinks from that lounge.

Rick

Actually, the members cruise ended on 12/12, when we boarded the Legend for a Southern Caribbean cruise. There were some that stayed aboard from the Panama Canal cruise.

And yes, drinks were allowed to leave the Concierge lounge and the Anchors Away lounge on this cruise. Not having visited the Diamond lounge during the cocktail hours, I cannot say whether Andrew allowed passengers to take drinks from that lounge.

Rick

I thought you canceled all of your future cruises with RCI? Glad to see you back on board.

Rick

My perspective as D+ cruiser on this Legend sailing: I enjoyed having Andrew in the Anchors Away lounge. He was personable and introduced himself and approached us for conversation often. Luca? Not at all. He never looked up from his desk to say hello to us as we entered the CL for daytime coffee. Perhaps Pins were treated differently, I can't say, but they probably should be treated differently, as should suites guests. This was just my experience.

I was stopped leaving the Anchors Away lounge with a glass of water. Yep, just water. I explained it was just water but this officer would not budge. I was kind of embarrassed when he turned the sign around for me to read that said I could not leave with a drink. I'm not sure why he motioned for 2 others in our party to leave with their bottles of beer. That stung.

There were other things about this cruise that were different for us. Even though we ordered distilled water through special needs, it did not arrive in our cabin until the 7th night. The hotel director said during the Captain's question and answer session that it was available on the ship. . .well maybe as of the taping of the show it was available, but it had not been available for 6 nights. We know.

Other than these minor water issues, we had a wonderful cruise. We met lots of new folks we would like to see again including others that were sailing on the Adventure that we were introduced to in Antigua. The ship is beautiful, it was our first Legend cruise. Chops was great as usual. The Guest Services staff (Hi Amelie!), Svitlana our MDR waitress, and Amin our cabin attendant were super!:)

Edited by CruiseKeeper

We are sailing on the Legend Feb 24 2014. I just turned Diamond. My wife is a few days shy of turning Diamond. This is our 25th Anniversary cruise and my wife's 50th birthday. Do I understand correctly that my wife can NOT accompany me in the Diamond Lounge?

We are sailing on the Legend Feb 24 2014. I just turned Diamond. My wife is a few days shy of turning Diamond. This is our 25th Anniversary cruise and my wife's 50th birthday. Do I understand correctly that my wife can NOT accompany me in the Diamond Lounge?

If you are Diamond then your wife will also be Diamond. One of the fringe benefits of being married.........the highest level in C&A of either spouse is recognized when both spouses are cruising together.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

I'd call C&A and confirm you and your wife are linked, so you get the same status as Patti mentioned above.

OK Thanks. I thought that we were linked. I'll call C & A to confirm. Merry Christmas and Best wishes for a Happy New Year filled with lots of cruises.

There's a good chance you are already linked, but it doesn't hurt to check. That way you won't have any issues with access to the DL.

Whomever has the most cruises, your spouse typically mirrors that. I cruise way more than DH, but when my points post, I always check his account as well and it always shows the same points and/or status as mine even though he may not have been on that cruise. Call C&A to verify they are aware you are a married couple and should you get on board and have different status, go to Andrew (loyalty ambassador isn't typically available the first day), Andrew will probably let her into the lounge and then once you get ahold of the LA she will put a sticker on your wife's card.

Now for Cruisekeeper's comment. As a D+ I too found Andrew available more. Andrew has his temporary office set up in Anchors Aweigh with his laptop and even though he had way more passengers to assist, he didn't hesitate greeting anyone and everyone who entered and we had trouble booking chops the first night, but he took us over to his temp setup and worked his magic. He also stopped by our table and chatted each night. Luca was nice when we greeting him but I do agree he stayed seated alot, but again, I think it was hard even moving around in that lounge it was so packed. I often found Luca working the line leading to Guest Service prior to his 5 pm start in the CL. He helped me there a couple of times. I did find one thing odd one morning in the CL. It was 8:15ish, I got my coffee, toasted a bagel and realized there was no utensils. I asked Luca as there was absolutely nothing I could use not even coffee stirrers. I ended up opening the butter and spreading it on from its foil. Luca returned about 15 minutes later with a bunch of utensils in the green napkins and placed them down on the buffet and returned to his seat. He never even looked over to see if I was still waiting or to bring me one. We found that odd.

The CL waiter came in around 8:40 with utensils and bowls.

Our funniest memory was a lady who was diamond, but her significant other was not. She attempted a couple of times to crash the Diamond Lounge with him only to be told "sorry". For some reason, we kept running into them all over the ship. We did have to smile a bit because she was finally successful on the last day to "smuggle" him into the designated diamond breakfast area off of the main dining room. She totally relished that coup. Great entertainment and didn't cost us a penny. :D

Why couldn't she make him a Diamond by association?

After arriving in a packed Diamond lounge each night, I can understand why they are reluctant to accept people that don't qualify.

A person has to sail at least once on Royal to be linked - even spouses. So if you are D+ and your spouse hasn't sailed yet - the spouse doesn't have any perks. That happened to friends on a sailing, and the loyality ambassador explained it to us. I find that strange, but a policy, and probably enforced differently by each LA.

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting the very nice photos and your blog is very informative. We were on Grandeur this past week and her Diamond Club is on Deck Six Aft. Doors spilled outward in the South Pacific Lounge due to large amount of Diamond members. It didn't feel crowded at all because that is a huge venue. The Legend would not have had the capacity for all those Diamond members. I counted 100 one evening. Our sea pass cards were checked once on the first night of the cruise by the concierge. It was a relaxed atmosphere, the alcohol flowed, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. There are no more Value booklets as you mentioned. All of them are on your sea pass and they will print out the list at any register. You get a list of them on the first day.

Edited by scubadogbones
grammar