Celebrity Galapagos 10% Elite Discount Ending!

LunaSeaRetreat

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered the change from 10% to 5% while scanning the Captain's Club Exclusive Offers and am extremely disappointed. We are not that far away from Elite and our main reason for obtaining that level was for that 10% discount (and even more so since the rates on the Galapagos cruise just continue to go up). I no longer feel motivated to book X for that almost non-existant perk and will now spread our vacation dollars to the other line we enjoy or another line we want to try. IMHO, you shot yourself in the foot with this move, X. :mad:

For Information I am quoting this from Dec 9 Constellation "Private Function" (2 Threads Merged)

Celebrity responded on "Celebrity Galapagos 10% Elite Discount Ending!" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959859 saying that the 10% Elite Discount was merely a sales promotion and had never been an Elite Benefit, so elimination of the discount did not go against the quite recent statement that changes in the New Captain's Club Benefits were all positive and contained no downgrades. Celebrity was called out on this by numerous people who still have copies of Elite Benefits clearly listing the discount as an Elite Benefit. The only two options was that 1) whoever posted from Celebrity was new and didn't know better, or 2) they were flat out lying and hoped we didn't know better. Anyone can make a mistake, and I hoped that was what it was. Celebrity NEVER came back to the thread, so the only option I'm left with is #2. Not a good show by Celebrity. Thom
Hello there, Apologies, but we wanted to address this. When we researched this issue, we were provided an answer, and we then relayed the information on Cruise Critic. At no time did we think an additional response was necessary as we still believe that this was a promotion, and not an Elite Benefit.
I am in Florida for the Winter so I don't have old paperwork with me. I am curious if anyone can lay their hands on old copies of Elite Benefits. There are a number of us who are pretty sure of this, but I for one would like evidence one way or the other. I am willing to apologize for my rather harsh words if someone can SHOW me that I'm wrong. I KNOW that I got the discount in 2009,and many people before and after did also, and I sure think it was listed as an Elite Benefit. I have posted a request on the "Xpedition _ Anyone recently back?" thread, asking what recollections and/or paperwork anyone might have.

Thom