What's wrong with hot tubs

Buck Turgidson

I'm in no way condoning urinating in a pool or a hot tub, just stating facts (not misinformation and FUD) about the realities that it's not going to hurt you in reality.

Yes, but you are spoiling the paranoia by injecting all these scientific facts.

Me, I like to worry about the safety of salad bar sneeze guards and touching hand rails on the stairs. They might, God forbid, contain a germ!

I don't see how you can see an insult in the original comment. OK, it's a generalisation which suggests that Americans and Britons have different cultural backgrounds. Is that really so way out? (Especially as it was, in this case, correct?)

Anyway, it works both ways. A friend of mine was at Disneyworld on December day, with a pass for one of the water parks on one of the cooler Florida mornings. So off they went to the waterpark and were virtually the only ones there at opening time. And one of the lifeguards said "I bet you're Brits, right?". My friend thought it was friendly American humour and responded accordingly - should I go and tell him it was condescending abuse and made sweeping gereralisations over the entire British peoples?

Lol! We usually think when we see people in the pool and the outside temp is not warm enough for swimming we think that they must be Canadian. That is not a generalization I do not feel. I think it is because the further south you live the thinner your blood and the easier you feel the cold. Since they are used to below zero F winter temps-60F outside in the wintertime on a cruise or in FL feels like a heat wave to them! You know Canadians and Americans on the border states/provinces do not sound that differently from each other! So we do not actually know if they are Canadian or American!