Sky or Crown Loft Suites Worth It In Allure?

JTexcruise

We are booked on the Allure for late Spring in two adjoining ocean balconies. We have the option of upgrading to one Sky or Crown loft suite but at a huge price differential (6k vs. 12.5k or 18.9k). What do these suites offer to command such a huge upgrade price? Has anyone stayed or toured these suites that can offer any insight? Thanks in advance.

We have cruised in a Crown loft twice and a Sky loft twice. Enjoyed both but loved the Sky loft. The Sky loft has two bathrooms that are identical. They both have large showers. The stateroom is a nice size room. The Crown Loft also has two bathrooms with the one one on the lower level being smaller.

I would only book #1720 of the two Sky lofts. It's slightly larger of the two. The reason to book suites on RCI is the real estate. Perks are not that great. The Concierge lounge is nice on the Oasis class. They serve a nice breakfast and lunch.

I guess it depends on you if the price is worth it it to upgrade. RCI gets a premium price for the Sky Suites. I would not pay 12k for the Crown Loft or 18k for the Sky suite. We paid about 9k for the Crown Loft and 12k for the Sky Loft and that was pushing it. I have photos of the loft suites that we have cruised in my Allure and Oasis photos below.

Edited by cruisingator2

For us we loved the upgrade to the CL.

Two large complete bathrooms.

The lofted bathroom has a phenomenal walk in shower

The loft was nice privacy.

We loved the size, and room it offerred.

Will probably do again this upcoming summer.

Sea Ya

• 3 months later...
We have cruised in a Crown loft twice and a Sky loft twice. Enjoyed both but loved the Sky loft. The Sky loft has two bathrooms that are identical. They both have large showers. The stateroom is a nice size room. The Crown Loft also has two bathrooms with the one one on the lower level being smaller.

I would only book #1720 of the two Sky lofts. It's slightly larger of the two. The reason to book suites on RCI is the real estate. Perks are not that great. The Concierge lounge is nice on the Oasis class. They serve a nice breakfast and lunch.

I guess it depends on you if the price is worth it it to upgrade. RCI gets a premium price for the Sky Suites. I would not pay 12k for the Crown Loft or 18k for the Sky suite. We paid about 9k for the Crown Loft and 12k for the Sky Loft and that was pushing it. I have photos of the loft suites that we have cruised in my Allure and Oasis photos below.

Why only 1720? TIA

Edited by Former Goalie

Just off the Allure and Sky Loft Suite 1720.

Although there are two (1720 and 1718), the balcony on 1720 is monstrously huge, 12 chairs for a four person room, including a dining room table for four that is perfect for room service. The balcony overlooks the aft area of Deck 15 and has a port side as well. It is incredible! You could even play some music and dance away, there is that much room. Host a party!

1718 the balcony is much smaller, doesn't have the table and only looks out the port side.

The rooms are the same, but 1720 is the much, much better balcony and view from the bedroom. If offered 1718, I wouldn't take it, but 1720 is just so awesome. I'm uploading pictures and posting a review shortly.

Hope someday to get upgraded to 1720 again. Reminder, though, it only sleeps 4.

Dolby1000

Why only 1720? TIA

There are only two Sky Lofts on the Oasis and Allure. #1718 is actually slightly smaller on the interior space but has a slightly larger loft area over #1720.

#1720 is larger on the lower floor and has a larger/deeper balcony that overlooks the sea and the aft area of the ship. I toured #1718 twice on our B2B cruise. Did not feel the same as #1720. For the money charged I would only take #1720.

Edited by cruisingator2