Will I We Happy With Deck 6 on Mariner??

Hi there..

Planning our next cruise for January on the Mariner.

This will be our 9th cruise with RCCL.

We have never been in a cabin below deck 7. Always 8, 9 mostly 10.

This time, due to budget restraints, I see there are plenty of D3'S available. They are on Deck 6. We are thinking about booking one vs D1.

My question is, after comming from deck 10 several times, and now booking a deck 6, will I notice a big difference???

Do you feel more movement down there???

Does anyone know the difference between a D1 and D3 Besides location????

TIA~~

P.S. Yes, we will be happy to just be on the ship. But we don't want to get "sick" from feeling more movement.

We have been in a deck 6 balcony on the Mariner 3 times. We loved them. You are very close to the promenade and the dining room so it's easier to take the stairs than wait on the elevator. We did not feel any motion. I think you will be very happy with this deck.

I have been on both deck 8 and deck 6 for the Mariner, both are about the same but you have the convience of walking up & down one deck to eat and the promanade, not having to wait for an elevator.

First of all, you feel more movement the higher up in the ship that you go. If you have been ok on higher decks you are certainly not going to notice more movement on lower decks. Of course, if you hit a rough week you are going to feel movement everywhere. But there will be less as you go lower in the ship.

I was in an aft stateroom on deck 6 on EOS and it was really nice. I was 1 deck away from my early seating dinner table, and 1 deck away from the Royal Promenade.

Do you have any knowledge of 6688?

I was in 6692 in April and let me suggest if you want a balcony room don't get the aft. From that balcony there is a large area behind for crew purposes that you can not see off the back of the boat if that is what your aiming for. Try something on the sides, I was unhappy with the very back of the aft cabins. Sure your deck is a little bigger but your view is decreased. My daughter stayed in 6672 I believe and it was fine

We just returned from the Mariner and had room 6554, balcony and thought it was great!! Great location, as another poster said, one deck from the promenade and the theatre. Taking the stairs was so much easier then the elevators when you are on a higher floor. I did not feel any movement in our room. Have fun!!

Hi there..

Planning our next cruise for January on the Mariner.

This will be our 9th cruise with RCCL.

We have never been in a cabin below deck 7. Always 8, 9 mostly 10.

This time, due to budget restraints, I see there are plenty of D3'S available. They are on Deck 6. We are thinking about booking one vs D1.

My question is, after comming from deck 10 several times, and now booking a deck 6, will I notice a big difference???

Do you feel more movement down there???

Does anyone know the difference between a D1 and D3 Besides location????

TIA~~

P.S. Yes, we will be happy to just be on the ship. But we don't want to get "sick" from feeling more movement.

Hi Louise!!

We are sailing with you(hopefully)!!! We are booked in an E2 (cheapest balcony cabin) and are on deck 7! We had the same category cabin when we were on the Navigator. Let me know if you have anyother questions!

We just returned from the Mariner, cabin 6552. It was a great location. Easy to take the stairs to the shows or Promenade. I also found that the forward elevators weren't as busy as the aft. So, if I wanted to go to an upper deck, I would take the forward elevators and walk to wherever we were headed. There was a lot of movement on this cruise, but it had nothing to do with what deck we were on.

We had a cabin on deck 6 on the Mariner and it was almost all the way aft on the side. Liked the location except for the longer walk down the hall, but that is expected with an aft cabin so no complaints.

Also, the lower you are on a ship, the less you feel any movement. The higher you are, the more movement you are likely to feel.

Hi Kim Still working on it.

Question for those who have been on mariner and deck six cat. On the balcony, do they have lounge chairs, or just the sit up kind?? What about a small table on the balcony??

Was there alot of SEA MIST (SALT) on these balconies?? I am wondering, because they are down closer to the water.

Something like that would not refraine us from that level, just curious.

We were in a family suite once, deck 10 on Navigator, and there was salt EVERYWHERE on the balcony railings. Of course, this was aft. Not sure if we would experince that on the side at lower level. Just curious..

We just had chairs and a small table. And, YES, we did have a lot of sea salt!! I thought it was just due to the weather. Skirting the hurricane with lots of wind and rain at times. We have been on deck 6 with a balcony before and the salt was not a problem. Truthfully, we did not utilize our balcony on this last cruise. It was great having the view, but we spent no time just sitting outside. It was way too humid, wet and salty. I still enjoyed the view that the glass doors provided.

CMURPH~~ Thanks!! The salt won't bother us, but it's good to know before hand, before we touch the rail. Glad you all made it through the weather ok. I was watching the weather channel CONSTANTLY, thinking about cruise passengers and such. Yikes!!

Well it's good to know they have a table too. Nothing like breakfast on the balcony.

We just want to kick back and totally relax this cruise with 3 sea days.

One can always hope for the UPGRADE fairy.

The only big thing I will miss is being up close to the food and pools, and not having to climbe the stairs so much.

We too have been on deck 8 on Mariner. We have also been on deck six of Voyager and Explorer. Which do we like better, Deck 6. Great location, easy access to everything, except the pool deck, take the stairs, you will need the exercise due to all the food you will be eating anyway. LOL

Seriously, we love deck 6 so much we will be on Mariner next May and have booked deck 6 again.

Tim & Crystal

I had the same problem, I have always booked deck 8 or higher, I just returned from the Mariner, on deck 6, we were a large group, 17 and that was the only floor where we could get all of our cabins close togehter.

Anyway, personally, I pick deck 8 for a reason, 3 up, 3 down, its so convenient to take the stairs instead of waiting for those elevators, this was next to impossible on deck 6 and I am physically in good shape, I go to the gym every day. It was tough walking up 6 flights of stairs, not to say we didnt do it, but it was tough. And not to say all bad about it, it was nice being just one deck above the promenade, since we are there often, it was great just being one deck down, and easy to find and meet everyone.

As for the movement, I didnt really notice, and I get motion sickness and had no problems, and it was discussed among us and we all agreed that we didnt notice any difference between the two decks.

Would I do it again? If I had to, it wasnt that bad, like I said just inconvenient for walking up, we walked down plenty of times.

CMURPH~~ The only big thing I will miss is being up close to the food and pools, and not having to climbe the stairs so much.

You won't be that far away from the dining room & the Promenade!!!!

Ok, we are finally BOOKED!!!! *YEAH*

Anyway, after much investigating, we decided to go with deck 9. Costs about the same as deck six.

After reading the previous post 3 up, 3 down, got me "thinking". So we decided to do 2 up and 4 down. LOL!!

I appreciate everyone's help here. We just could not pass up this "deal".

Someday we will do a deck six I am sure. After reading all the replies, I would feel confident.

Thanks everyone:)

We are booked in 6370 on the Mariner for Dec. 4th. We have been pretty much on deck 9 or 10 on our other cruises. I thought that this might be better because waiting for the elevator after dinner was the worst and we sure didn't want to walk from deck 4 to 9 or 10 on the last few ships. I would rather wait for the elevator during the day to go to the pool then after dinner any day.

Cindy ;)

Archived