Park Cafe Pictures - Legend of the Seas (Borneo cruise March 2013)

I have posted some of these pictures in my cruise review of the Legend of the Seas March 2013 Borneo cruise. However, when searching the threads, I found it difficult to locate Park Cafe pictures.

Therefore I am re-posting this with a much clearer title to facilitate search.

The pictures have now been uploaded into my blogpost here -

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/park-cafe-pictures-legend-of-seas-royal.html

The Park Cafe menu. I always see questions on this.

bcxe.jpg

The Park Cafe from one angle.

xrrc1.jpg

The Park Cafe from another angle. You can see a small bar at this end, where drinks are sold.

2qcjos1.jpg

Here is the complimentary drinks station located on the left side (when you are facing the Park Cafe).

148ejis.jpg

I wanted to add that at breakfast they have a hot sandwich that is like an egg McMuffin and a breakfast burrito.

They are both very good.

I really enjoyed getting breakfast in the Park cafe. If felt it was healthier, faster than the MDR [which we do a couple of times] and very relaxing to eat in the solarium.

I often went up to the Park Cafe in the morning and had coffee until DH got up and then we had breakfast together. It was a quiet way to start the day. :D

the park café has coffee and Danish/bread from 6-7:30. I got my coffee there just about every morning as I'm an early riser. Had to wait until 7:30 sharp to get my egg sandwich. They had these egg sandwiches and burritos already made they would heat up in the microwave. Make sure you use a napkin to hold the plate as its hot, hot, hot. I loved my sandwich. They also had other types of sandwiches that weren't heated. Also cereal was available also after 7:30.

I found the afternoon ours of the park café very odd. I guess it was based on the sea or port days. They certainly had roast beef sandwiches some afternoons, although I didn't try them.

For those on aft section of Deck 8, there is a secret back staircase that opens at 7, leading to the spa which is right next to the park café.

the park café has coffee and Danish/bread from 6-7:30. . . .

For those on aft section of Deck 8, there is a secret back staircase that opens at 7, leading to the spa which is right next to the park café.

There are a couple of secret entrances. [or less known] :p There is an entrance from the Spa that is behind the coffee service area.

Thanks for the photos. I will be on the Splendour of the Seas from Brazil(Santos)- Barcelona in April and can't wait ti enjoy the Park Cafe. I had some questions that you may be able to answer for me.

1. Is the Park Cafe open late? Let's say the show ends at 9 PM where can I go to get a snack? On the Navigator I just headed over to the Cafe Promenade. Why not make the Park Cafe 24 hours?

2. At the Park Cafe do they have Regular urns of Seattle's Best Coffee? Do they have Hot Chocolate Packets, Twinings Teas? Is there Milk, Half and Half? Do they have fruit infused waters such as Watermelon infused into the water?

3. Is the "Make your own Salads" at the Park Cafe similar to the Tutti Salad Bar in the Main Dining room on Sea Days?

4. How are the pre-made and made to order sandwiches?

5. On the Splendour of the Seas the map shows the Park Cafe and the Solarium Cafe? Does the Solarium Cafe have different menu items if so what are they?

6. How is the Bagel Bar in the morning? Do they have different types of bagels such as sesame, three seeded etc. Are the bagels doughy or are they premium quality like you can get a Noah's?

7. How are the desserts?

Is the Park Cafe more upscale than the Cafe Promenade or are they essentially the same with different items?

Thanks.

I can help with a few of your questions.

I've been on several ships with a Park Cafe, and it is usually open until 1am or so, but not 24 hours.

I've seen coffee, tea bags, and hot chocolate packets at Park Cafe. I saw infused waters on Allure, but not Rhapsody, Legend, or Enchantment.

The Park Cafe replaces the Solarium Cafe.

Thanks for the photos. I will be on the Splendour of the Seas from Brazil(Santos)- Barcelona in April and can't wait ti enjoy the Park Cafe. I had some questions that you may be able to answer for me.

1. Is the Park Cafe open late? Let's say the show ends at 9 PM where can I go to get a snack? On the Navigator I just headed over to the Cafe Promenade. Why not make the Park Cafe 24 hours?

2. At the Park Cafe do they have Regular urns of Seattle's Best Coffee? Yes Do they have Hot Chocolate Packets, Yes Twinings Teas? Is there Milk, Half and Half? Yes Do they have fruit infused waters such as Watermelon infused into the water? I never saw the fruit waters

3. Is the "Make your own Salads" at the Park Cafe similar to the Tutti Salad Bar in the Main Dining room on Sea Days? No,it is nice--but, not as extensive as the tutti salad.

4. How are the pre-made and made to order sandwiches? Yes, most are pre made. the roast beef is made to order.

5. On the Splendour of the Seas the map shows the Park Cafe and the Solarium Cafe? Does the Solarium Cafe have different menu items if so what are they? On the Legend it was in the Solarium.

6. How is the Bagel Bar in the morning? Do they have different types of bagels such as sesame, three seeded etc. Are the bagels doughy or are they premium quality like you can get a Noah's? They had several types of bagels. I remember plain, cinnamon raisin, and everything.They had 3 types of flavored cream cheese--smoked salmon, sundried tomato and something else that I can not remember.

7. How are the desserts? Only OK. the chocolate chip cookies were sugar free and tasted like that.

Is the Park Cafe more upscale than the Cafe Promenade or are they essentially the same with different items?

Thanks.

I do not think it is as nice. The Promenade Cafe on the Explorer was a sit down cafe [with promenade tables and some inside] The Park Cafe is a long counter and you have to hunt for tables for seating in the Solarium. We found this next to impossible. Often there were groups that occupied tables talking and playing bridge all day.

In the Promenade Cafe the tables were only used for this cafe. [or maybe people watching if the cafe was empty]

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I do not think it is as nice. The Promenade Cafe on the Explorer was a sit down cafe [with promenade tables and some inside] The Park Cafe is a long counter and you have to hunt for tables for seating in the Solarium. We found this next to impossible. Often there were groups that occupied tables talking and playing bridge all day.

In the Promenade Cafe the tables were only used for this cafe. [or maybe people watching if the cafe was empty]

Has the Park Cafe a full Bar selling alcoholic drinks?

Has the Park Cafe a full Bar selling alcoholic drinks?

Yes--it does. I thought it was only a coffee bar at first. But, I noticed others buying drinks there. It is very small. For the Top tier C & A event they used the Solarium. It was very nice. They served all of the drinks from this bar--so, it was fully stocked. I did not see the machine to make frozen drinks.

Thanks for replying to my questions,. I happen to love Bagels so I look forward to trying the flavored creme cheeses. The sandwiches and salads sounds good. Having it open till 1 AM is great so I can grab something to eat after the show as we have the early seating.

Thanks again for your extensive answers and photos.