over night in Long Beach pre-cruise

I am looking for recommendations for a hotel for a night or two in Long Beach.

Will be cruising on Carnival.

Would like to be near the port if possible.

I know I can google hotels, but I'd like to hear where others have stayed and if any are more recommended over others.

Thanks in Advance,

I am looking for recommendations for a hotel for a night or two in Long Beach.

Will be cruising on Carnival.

Would like to be near the port if possible.

I know I can google hotels, but I'd like to hear where others have stayed and if any are more recommended over others.

Thanks in Advance,

The best and closest is the Queen Mary. It was converted to a hotel and is about 1000 yards from the Carnival Terminal.

Use this link and you'll see hotels within a given distance (your chose).

http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com/

Check with with TripAdvisor for hotels in the area as well

thanks for the replies....

Once I found where Carnival's terminal was, I browsed [by Google Earth] near by hotels, looking north-ish, but holy cow, I don't want to drop $250 a night for a room.

Love TripAdvisor... I'll check there too. Used them when we booked in Vancouver.

Sadie -- thanks for that tip. ~~ off to find WestCoast Departure board

Sadie -- thanks again -- I did not realize there was a "departure" forum too. Found the west coast one... which is where I should have started this thread.

found the hotels mentioned too. I'm hoping I can get that "code" for next year when i need to book.

I'm sure it's pricey, but staying on the Queen Mary is a very special experience. DW and I stayed there years ago and in addition to the uniqueness of staying in an ocean liners stateroom as it was 70 years ago, as a QM hotel guest, you are allowed access to many parts of the ship which are not allowed to the general public. In addition to all the museum stuff, just walking around the promenade deck and standing underneath the life boats is 'Titanic-esque'.

And, you can't get any closer to the embarkation station for Carnival. No need to worry about transportation to the dock.

We stayed at the Maya and walked to our Carnival cruise in the morning in December of 2012. The Maya was a very nice hotel. We took the free bus to Long Beach the night before to look around. It worked well for us. The Maya had a discount program for Carnival passengers. You may want to see if that is still available. Our only complaint of the Maya was the price of breakfast in the morning at the Maya restaurant. We ended up buying some bagels and nut spread to eat in the morning. No need for a big meal before the cruise.

I just booked a "secret hotel" from Hotwire yesterday for my cruise on 1/20/2014. $53 got me Best Western of Long Beach, and it has really decent reviews ;). Since i was just looking for a pre-cruise stay for one night, I did not want to spend too much money. Free parking for the night and free breakfast - my kind of place.

• 5 weeks later...

We're booked at the Hotel Current with their Snooze and Cruise package. Free shuttle back and forth to the cruise port, plus we can park our car there for this entire cruise. Not a bad price and seemed reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last week we stayed pre-cruise at the Quality Inn on Pacific Coast Highway. $109 total for the night, free shuttle to and from the port and free parking while we were on the cruise. Our room was clean, the continental breakfast decent and a good little pizza/Italian place across the parking lot. The cruise parking was directly in front of the office.

• 3 weeks later...