Share your Carnival GoPro Videos

Just got off the Legend March 23rd. As some of you may know it recently got out of dry dock with many additions such as Waterworks, Green Thunder and other cosmetic enhancements.

Here is the video I finished featuring Green Thunder, Waterworks and the Twister slide. It is also a collection of our time spent on the Lido Deck.

What aggravates me is I used music in this video that is not copyrighted and YouTube is saying there is matched third party content right now. I disputed it as I got the music off Jamendo.com which is free music sharing for personal use and popular with the GoPro community. All my other videos that feature music from that site have not had any problems. So you may need to view on non-mobile devices until they clear this up.

Enjoy!

Great video, thanks for sharing! What type of mount did you use for the green thunder slide? Was it some sort of chest or ankle mount? I've been thinking about getting a gopro for our upcoming cruise on the legend in June and would love to get some video from the water slides, etc..

Great video, thanks for sharing! What type of mount did you use for the green thunder slide? Was it some sort of chest or ankle mount? I've been thinking about getting a gopro for our upcoming cruise on the legend in June and would love to get some video from the water slides, etc..

I have a chest mount that I used for the Green Thunder slide. They make you cross your legs and cross your arms once you are in the Green Thunder "capsule" so I think it would be difficult to get footage unless you have a chest mount or a head strap. On the Twister slide I used both the monopod pole and the chest mount. You can go down that slide any way you want.

Many people were commenting and asking questions about the GoPro. Some were talking about trying to find a deal on one at one of the ports. I also believe someone said they were renting them on the boat, but I was never able to confirm that. By the way, it is a GREAT camera. My husband swore I wouldn't use it when I bought it. He thought my intention was to just use it for agility. But after the cruise, the underwater snorkeling, the ziplining, and everything else I've been using it for...he admits he was wrong LOL! I'm so glad I got it! He made me buy the LCD Bacpac for it before the cruise!

Working on more videos and will post them as I finish!

Edited by AgileBoxer

Here is a Go Pro video of the zipline excursion we took when the Carnival Legend docked in Roatan, Honduras. This is not the zipline that is located in Mahogany Bay, but at the other port, about 15-20 minutes away. They sent a driver for us.

These guys were great. They allowed you to do crazy stuff on the zipline but we could not match the crazy stunts our guides did, which of course, I captured with the GoPro. It was a very safe double zip. The best part besides the ziplining? Getting to hold monkeys at the end. We spent over about a half and hour with them They were crawling all over us and were absolutely adorable. They were ages 6 years, 6 months, and the youngest monkey was only 2 months old. YouTube totally ruined the clarity of my video upon compression...the HD file plays crystal clear off my pc.

Edited by AgileBoxer

Aplmac if you don't mind me asking, was the go pro significantly cheaper in St. Maartin? I am thinking about getting one when we go in September but if it is not that big of a savings I would rather get it before my cruise so that I am comfortable with its use before we go.

Not sure where you live, but I got my GoPro Hero 3 Silver at Sam's Club in a bundle which came with some extra mounts, the frame, and the waterproof casing for $229. Most clubs here in Florida are out of stock. I had to drive to a club about 45 minutes from me back in Dec. Looking in other areas on their site, it appears some clubs may still have it. It's a one-time buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one I made from Carnival Splendor (April 2014) from NYC. . .

Radio

;);)

GOPR2360.JPG

Edited by Radio

[ QUOTE=Radio;42532804]Here is one I made from Carnival Splendor (April 2014) from NYC. . .

Radio

;);)

GOPR2360.JPG

Nice, what music was that?

Fist-pumping gleeful rum runner!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering buying a GoPro for our June cruise. Is there a certain class memory card that needs to be used? How many minutes can you record on a 16gb card? What would be the most used attachment for a cruise? I would use to capture video of the ship itself while walking around and also on excursions. It looks like most of the people in these videos were using a pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No1volman

I'm considering buying a GoPro for our June cruise. good choice!

Is there a certain class memory card that needs to be used? class 10 or extreme. My class 10 runs fine.

How many minutes can you record on a 16gb card? I think mine will hold about 4 hours?? I have never really taken long videos. Have taken lots of pictures and a few videos and it hasn't come close to filing up.

What would be the most used attachment for a cruise?I plan on using a chest mount for a lot of my videoing it gets a great POV and I keep my hands free. I may also use a GoPole.

I would use to capture video of the ship itself while walking around and also on excursions. It looks like most of the people in these videos were using a pole.

I hope this helped. I am also taking my laptop to transfer pictures to so I can keep them separate by date and location.

[ QUOTE=Radio;42532804]

What music was that?

That was from Wall E. . .

Audio Credit:

© Define Dancing -Thomas Newman 2008, Wall-E, Pixar.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio