A few "specifics" please

TravelRocker

Hi, I am very excited about my upcoming cruise next March on the Divina. It's a "music theme" cruise. Now, earlier this year we went on another "music theme" cruise and after returning home I realized we were so busy running up and down the length of the decks seeing bands, about 45 on that cruise, that I missed a few things I would have liked to partake in.

So....for those of you who have recently posted those absolutely wonderful reviews can you give me the specific locations of the following:

Lemoncello, (Limoncello) any bar or just a few special bars?

Wine Bar??? Is there one???

Gelato, buffets, main dining room or a stand alone location?

Soft ice cream, (frosties), same question as above.

Speciality coffees, any bar, or stand alone locations?

How many of the decks actually go all around the ship or at least front to back? I just remembering always running through the lounge deck several times a day or in and out of the main theatre, (beautiful) or the main stage at the back.

I think this cruise I'm going to take it at a little more of a relaxed pace, or at least try to. :)

Thanks in advance for the info, Cheers!

Edited by TravelRocker

I will not respond to which I do not know, others will hopefully, I do know from reading and viewing deck plans one of the dissapointing things about this ship design is there is no deck that circles the ship outside.

From what I understand the promenade deck stops at both the front and stern areas. I dont knkw if you simply have to turn around or if a door is involved.

Also there is no access to the front of the ship via any topside sun decks as the yacht club occupies those decks.

Wont stop us from cruising but some will be dissapointed. Our last cruise the promenade went all around but the prior one it did not go around the front of the vessel.

Very excited about this cruise as well, something different from the standard we hope.

travelrocker ... The only deck that goes from Aft to Forward is deck 7 without having to go up or down. No decks go all the way around.

Limoncello appeared to be available at most bars.

The Wine Bar is on deck 7 Aft. La Cantina Di Bacco.

Gelato is available from one of the bars on the pool deck and from the Cafe bar at Piazza Del Doge on deck 6. Soft Ice cream was available on the pool deck.

Buffet Deck 14 Aft.

speciality coffees at Cafe Italia deck 7 and Piazza Del Doge deck 6.

TravelRocker,

I was on the Divina on Dec 10-21 sailing...

Deck 15 covers does a full circle of 3/4 of the ship aft of the Yacht club. A lot of people use it as a jogging/walking track early in the morning or evening. Other times the crew fills it up with loungers. Though you can still walk around it, no problem. Bear in mind that it can get quite windy up there at times when at sea...

Soft-serve ice cream is available for free from 2pm-5pm on both sides of Deck 14 by the pool area.

Gelato bar is on Deck 14 starboard side just before main buffet and is quite excellent and inexpensive ($2 for a small cup).

My memory may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was wine on the menu at most bars.

Specialty Cofees are excellent as expected on an Italian ship. Hell, even the free cofee at the buffet is good (best i've had at ANY buffet and better than some of the "coffee" shops I've been to elsewhere)

Hi, well, that's great, answered all my questions, I've already copied this thread and will map it out on the deck plans! Now, at the wine bar, La Cantina Di Bacco----do they do wine tasting??? There's most likely an extra charge for it, but it should be fun to do, we do this a lot at home....again, thanks for all your help. Oh, just thought about this, on some Princess ships there is a "secret" door at the front of the ship that can get you to an overlook area above the bridge, anything like this that you know of??? Cheers! :)

Edited by TravelRocker