Switching from fixed dining to MTD Onboard

pthjudy

We booked a cruise this summer and booked late seating in the MDR. Once onboard, might it be possible to switch to MTD? It seems on these boards it is harder to get fixed, so I wondered how hard it would be to switch if we chose to.

We booked a cruise this summer and booked late seating in the MDR. Once onboard, might it be possible to switch to MTD? It seems on these boards it is harder to get fixed, so I wondered how hard it would be to switch if we chose to.

My group of 4 switched from early dining to MTD after the first night on the Allure in Dec last year. Try it and good luck!

I just went on the Freedom of the Seas last week and my wife and I chose MTD because only the late seating was available and because we wanted flexibility with our dining times. I decided to go online and make MTD reservations about 2 weeks before our cruise and found that the only times available were very early 5:30/5:45 or late around 7:45 or later. I thought that because there were only 2 of us it wouldn't be a problem to just go and wait to get a table, but one night we tried to do that at about 6:30 and we were told the earliest we could be seated was 8:15!

MTD is good in the sense that you can choose anytime you want to dine, but only if you choose you time many weeks in advance. ;)