AOTS Feb 9-16..Barbados Beach?

thedukiesrule

We are going on the AOTS in Feb and it will be our 3rd time on the ship. My question is when we first went on AOTS 7 yrs ago we went to paradise beach and loved it. The problem is I heard that it is under construction as a hotel is being built there now. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what other beaches would you suggests. We are looking for nice calm water with shallow areas as we have 3 kids with us this time aging from 6-12 yrs old.

Thanks!

We are going on the AOTS in Feb and it will be our 3rd time on the ship. My question is when we first went on AOTS 7 yrs ago we went to paradise beach and loved it. The problem is I heard that it is under construction as a hotel is being built there now. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what other beaches would you suggests. We are looking for nice calm water with shallow areas as we have 3 kids with us this time aging from 6-12 yrs old.

Thanks!

Quiet beach? Take a cab to Port Charles (parking bottom of road before condos). Then at the beach turn right (to left is a hotel) and walk to the far end of the beach by the marina entrance. An empty beach with shallow sea, gentle waves with a small reef. Kids can have the run of the beach and sea without any grumpies to spoil their fun. Facilities etc. are at the hotel.

We've gone to Boatyard Beach several times and enjoyed it. It's a short taxi ride from the ship.

I second this, especially for kids. It's shallow and beautiful and close to the ship. There is a rope swing and platform the kids love to use. And a nice bar/restaurant. It's 12.00 to get in to the boatyard which includes chairs, a drink for each, and a shuttle ride back to the ship:)

There will be four of us traveling on the AOTS also on the Feb. 9th cruise. Was in Barbados about 7 years ago and I believe we went to Malibu Beach or was it that I drank a lot of Malibu Rum there. There seems to be a lot of talk of the Boatyard. good beach?