Help deciding on the drink package.

LidoBoy

I'm looking for help deciding on whether the drink package will make sense for me. Simply put, how much is a tanqueray and tonic? My cruising background is with RCCL and we are taking our first Celebrity cruise in a week.

I will drink quite a few T&T's throughout the week and throw in a few martinis and lattes. Being that this is our first Celebrity experience, I get this feeling that mid-shelf liquors are more expensive than RCCL. For example a T&T on RCCL is $6.61. How much is it on Celebrity? :)

Thanks much,

Tom

I'm looking for help deciding on whether the drink package will make sense for me. Simply put, how much is a tanqueray and tonic? My cruising background is with RCCL and we are taking our first Celebrity cruise in a week.

I will drink quite a few T&T's throughout the week and throw in a few martinis and lattes. Being that this is our first Celebrity experience, I get this feeling that mid-shelf liquors are more expensive than RCCL. For example a T&T on RCCL is $6.61. How much is it on Celebrity? :)

Thanks much,

Tom

I would say you are looking at $6.50 - $7.00 + 15% per cocktail; latte $4.50. May be slightly higher (but not by much) as I've read they recently increased prices.

Enjoy your time away from the "wonderful" Wisconsin winter. :D Having lived there for 40+ years, I know what it's like!

Don't forget that the drink packages include all the non-alcoholic beverages too, with some variation from the classic to the premium package. Bottled water, sparkling water, sodas, fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, the aforementioned lattes --- they all add up. We were hesitant about booking the premium package before our last cruise, but I must say that now we are hooked. We probably came out about even cost wise, but we loved the elegance of no slips to sign, and the chance to try drinks that we probably wouldn't if we were paying by the drink. We also enjoyed it at dinner, where the sommelier would bring us a smaller portion of a wine to enhance each course, instead of buying a full sized glass. This is only our experience, of course, but in my mind the benefit of the drink packages is more than covering the cost of our drinks for the cruise.

PS -- To help with your calculations, martinis are $12.00. There are also a lot of fun cocktails available at the Molecular Bar, $12.00 as well.

Edited by cynbar

Martini in Martini Bar only = $12.00 = larger size = Premium Package

Martini in "regular" bar = $6.50 - $7.00 = smaller size = Classic Package

Wont the Martini bar offer a smaller martini to Classic Package passengers still? They did on Eclipse in July.

If you are in a S class ship and like to try different drinks the Molecular bar is a nice bar to try but it is not on the M class so you should get the premium

If on the M class and all you plan on drinking is 2 coffee drinks and 2 gin and tonic per day it may not be worth getting a package it for the extra cost of classic package but with it you could have more drinks plus unlimited bottled water. Your 4 drinks would probably be about $30 with the gratuity added in. You could get the classic package for another $20 per day. The figures may not be that accurate but close enough for evaluating. For that extra $20 you can have wine at dinner, before and after dinner drink, a few selected martinis at the martini bar, extra cups of coffee, soft drinks, water to take off the ship, a night cap to take back to the room to enjoy on the balcony if you have one.

It is your money and easy for everyone to spend but it is up to you.

.🎉🍸

Wont the Martini bar offer a smaller martini to Classic Package passengers still? They did on Eclipse in July.

It seems to be "hit or miss" in the Martini bar. We were able to get the smaller martini last November on the Eclipse, but then on the Constellation in April, the bartenders would have none of it! :) So.......hard to say for sure.

They are consistently inconsistent.