Voyager dry dock

Topo Gigio

When is she going into dry dock? wasn't it around October?

Wondering if she will get a crown with additional cabins like Navigator got.

The list that I saw of modifications to the ship did not have additional cabins shown. Which does not mean that it won't, but that's the only thing I've seen so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am the Head Broadcast Technician currently on the Voyager of the Seas. We will be adding 38 new cabins on Deck 12 forward (14 with balconies), 81 inside cabins will have the new "Virtual Balcony" installed, in addition to 39 new cabins being added to Deck 3. In addition we will be the first Voyager class ship to have tenders installed, 8 in total, as well as many other improvements.

I plan on starting a new thread with photos of the dry dock progress. Keep an eye out for it.

Hi,

I am the Head Broadcast Technician currently on the Voyager of the Seas. We will be adding 38 new cabins on Deck 12 forward (14 with balconies), 81 inside cabins will have the new "Virtual Balcony" installed, in addition to 39 new cabins being added to Deck 3. In addition we will be the first Voyager class ship to have tenders installed, 8 in total, as well as many other improvements.

I plan on starting a new thread with photos of the dry dock progress. Keep an eye out for it.

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to your postings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Talako, thanks for sharing this information. I look forward to subscribing to your thread with photos of the dry dock. We are cruising on Voyager on 25 november on the singapore to sydney sailing, just after the dry dock. Do you know if all cabins will get a full refurb?

And one more thing are you able to find out who the Cruise Director will be for the 25 November repositioning cruise? thanks

Hi,

Very interested in reading your posts of the drydock progress, thanks! :)

I still believe additional cabins are not an improvement as they just bring more people on the ship, take away public space and with reference to the "hat" added on deck twelve clearly distroy the beautiful look of the Voyager class ships.

A real improvement is just the update of existing cabins and public space.

I still believe additional cabins are not an improvement as they just bring more people on the ship, take away public space and with reference to the "hat" added on deck twelve clearly distroy the beautiful look of the Voyager class ships.

A real improvement is just the update of existing cabins and public space.

Voyager 2011

DSCF2811_zpsb49489e1.jpg

Explorer 2012

DSCF1224_zpsddd59511.jpg

What Voyager will look like post refit (this is updated Navigator May 2014)

DSC06968_zps9b3c3fee.jpg

I feel that RCL did a great job adding the "hat", barely visible unless you are knowledgeable with the ships. I personally did not feel any more crowded than before. If you wish to see what the decks look like with the refit, click on my Navigator review in my signature as I have plenty of pics of the pool deck, solarium/new deck area deck 13, Florider, interior spaces, etc.

I agree it could be worse, e.g. like the new look of the Carnival Valor and sister ships or most Holland America ships after refit. However, please consider that the jogging track and open deck space on deck 12 does not go around the ship anymore and a lot of nice open deck space in the front of the ship is gone. I hope they will not do the same to Freedom Class ships which already do not have any open deck space on deck 11 in the front. At least this has been remained on Voyager class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It does show on the enhancements page that the solarium will have a glass canopy. That will be interesting to see. I wonder if they will do it like the Radiance class with a full cover or more like the Oasis class with strips of glass.

Just took a look at Voyager's web page, and noticed something called "The Tavern" gastropub. I wonder if that is replacing the pub on the Promenade, or going somewhere else?

No, it will replace the Aquarium Bar on deck 4. Where Boleros is located on MA, NV and the Freedom Class ships.

R-Bar will replace the Champagne Bar

Giovanni's Table will replace the Vault (disco) on deck 4. Same place as Sabor on NV.

Chops Grill will be located at the entrance of the WJ starboard side.

Izumi will replace 7 Hearts & Cloud 9 in the VCL.

No, it will replace the Aquarium Bar on deck 4. Where Boleros is located on MA, NV and the Freedom Class ships.

R-Bar will replace the Champagne Bar

Giovanni's Table will replace the Vault (disco) on deck 4. Same place as Sabor on NV.

Chops Grill will be located at the entrance of the WJ starboard side.

Izumi will replace 7 Hearts & Cloud 9 in the VCL.

So Chops replaces Portofino?

Yep, and GT (which replaces Portofino) goes to deck 4, where Sabor is located on the Navigator.

Btw Diamond Club replaces 19th hole. Same place as other Voyager & Freedom Class ships.

Very interesting, though I'm not sure I'll ever see Voyager again.:(

Very interesting, though I'm not sure I'll ever see Voyager again.:(

Bob -

Have you (or anyone) heard if RC is upgrading the TV programming? I would like to know why there isn't a channel with marine weather? This seems like a simple addition, but I haven't read that anyone is seeing an improvement.

The only weather updates seem to come from the Captain.

New TVs, same crappy content and picture quality.? All this talk about technology this week has made me wonder.

Bob -

Have you (or anyone) heard if RC is upgrading the TV programming? I would like to know why there isn't a channel with marine weather? This seems like a simple addition, but I haven't read that anyone is seeing an improvement.

The only weather updates seem to come from the Captain.

New TVs, same crappy content and picture quality.? All this talk about technology this week has made me wonder.

I've not heard about changes to TV programming. In fact, the number of broadcast channels has declined lately.

I've not heard about changes to TV programming. In fact, the number of broadcast channels has declined lately.

Agreed - it's surprising to me that Carnival has a better Tv selection. We actually watched the Super Bowl, hockey, basketball...on board.

Nothing close to that on RC. Hopefully someday they upgrade this. I'll be seeing what allure has to offer this weekend.

Thanks