Documentation for minor children

kdog126

Also I'd take a glass half empty approach to the kids and tell them you are trying but probably aren't going to get on the cruise. This will cushion their disappointment if it doesn't work, and make them ecstatic if it does

That's a good idea...

IF you find them, you won't have to change any plans. When was your flight originally scheduled for? Some time earlier Monday morning?

How much time will you spend looking before you give up? I would hate to see you not find them and then not be able to get a seat (seats) on a different (later?) flight after you get new birth certificates.

The flight into FLL arrives 40 minutes earlier. Earlier is better, but FLL is farther away from Port of Miami. People more experienced with that route can say if it's more or less than 40 minutes farther. Though personally, I would lean towards the flight to FLL.

Anyway, I really hope you actually find the documentation you need. Then it will all be moot. You'll breathe a sigh of relief, be able to laugh about it, and go on your merry way like nothing was ever wrong.

That would be a blessing. My original flight is Sunday morning...planned on spending a day in Miami, giving us plenty of time to get to the port. Yeah the FLL flight would be best, but I am concerned about getting to flight. The registrar opens at 8...if they are fast I will get the cents in 10-15 minutes. This will give me about 1:15 to make it to the airport (not much time during that time of the day with Chicago traffic). The 10:30 flight is easily makable, but doesn't give me much time to get to port.

Damn I really put myself in a pickle. Tore up two rooms...found nothing. Wife not off work for a few hours so I am doing this solo

Try to remember you have to be at the airport one hour before flight time or they give away your seat! I don't see much way this is going to work unless you find the certificates yourself. Very strict about being at the ship one hour before departure if you are already checked in and two hours if not.

Try to remember you have to be at the airport one hour before flight time or they give away your seat! I don't see much way this is going to work unless you find the certificates yourself. Very strict about being at the ship one hour before departure if you are already checked in and two hours if not.

That gives me hope if I have to be at the ship an hour before departure

Are you flying out of ORD or Midway? If its O'Hare, the lines for security can be an hour on a Monday. You have to be ON the plane 20 minutes before the scheduled departure. As far as the ship departure, it doesn't make any difference if you have your documents all set. The rule is, you must be checked in and ON the ship 90 minutes before departure.

Miami airport can be one crazy mess, and the line for a taxi can be very long. If your flight is delayed even a bit, you're not going to make it. You might want to have a car waiting at the Miami airport to get you to the terminal.

Good luck. You're really going to need it. I hope the weather in Chicago is sunny with no rain/snow/ice.

Yeah...well aware of the traffic at O'Hare...thinking it might not be as bad since it close to holiday. Thinking I should get the no later than 9 or 9:15 and people are usually pretty good about letting cut in line to get to your flight. No rain/snow in forecast, but it will be cold so ice is a factor.

I will take the advice and arrange a car for the trip to the port.

I hope you make it. And when you get home, get yourself a little safe that you keep in a place you won't forget. Ours have a plastic envelope with our passports, birth certificates, social security cards all together. The last times I accessed it was to take out (and then put back) my daughter's passport for when she took the SAT exam in November. For this, her school ID was accessible, but the passport is good for any kind of ID, except for actually using for driving (but you can use it for ID when applying for a DL permit, which she should be doing soon).

And as someone said, school IDs are not acceptable for use for most ID purposes, especially for date of birth. I just went through a training program to sell beer for the Rose Bowl and BCS games (our booth will be raising money for a school music program) and we were told that school IDs will not be allowed to verify age. So any Auburn, Mich St, Florida St and Stanford students out there, you'll need a DL, official state ID, or passport that says you're at least 21 on the day of the game; else, no suds for you.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/birthorder_person.htm

To Order In Person In-person orders can be dropped off for mail out within three business days at the Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Vital Records office, 925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, on Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., excluding holidays. PLEASE NOTE: the person requesting the record will be asked to show a valid picture identification card.

FOR TRAVELING

Planning: For whatever reason you need the birth record, it's important to plan ahead in order to receive your certified birth record in time to meet deadlines for applying for a passport or to have the record available for your trip. On average, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Division of Vital Records processes a normal order within three to four weeks from the date received. Records ordered from the county clerk of the county where you were born may take more or less time. (List of county vital records Web sites or county clerk addresses) Birth certificates filed prior to 1916 must be obtained from the county clerk's office. Sometimes people find that information must be corrected on their record. If so, the steps necessary to correct the record will add several weeks to the process. Please give yourself plenty of lead time to order your record to avoid problems with your travel plans should this situation occur.

I'll be praying for you Monday, and really hope you get on. Like I sad earlier prepare the kids so they aren't to disappointed if it doesn't work, please let us know what happens. I had 4g service in port and about an hour into the cruise

I already did...they were very understanding and are helping me look. If it doesn't happen, we will just enjoy Miami Beach, rent a car and hang out in the Keys.

Thanks for the prayers...they are appreciated.

I already did...they were very understanding and are helping me look. If it doesn't happen, we will just enjoy Miami Beach, rent a car and hang out in the Keys.

Thanks for the prayers...they are appreciated.

I love the Miami metro zoo too. Lots to do down there. Go to calle ocho and eat Cuban food (we like a restaurant called Versiaille which had a formal dining area and also a basket sandwich shop were you can get a cafe con leche and a media noche sandwich l and also hit the most famous beach there - south beach, if you go at night you may see some celebrities. I love the sawgrass outlet mall more towards Fort Lauderdale for some good shopping deals. ..... That is if you can't get on the cruise and we are still praying for that. Positive thoughts, picture the birth certificates in your hand as you are boarding the cruise. Visualize it in a very detailed way.

You can try a youtube search for hoe to find lost objects, you'll find methods from everything from psychic ability to psychiatric process to positive thinking (like the secret), I dunno if it will work but it's just another thing to try as I'm sure you've been doing a lot.

As a mother myself I've thought about reasons I needed the kids original BC. One that comes to mind it little league post season play where the coach had to hold on to it throughout the post season then gave it back, other things could be other sports, change in school or after school program, application for government benefits or proof of relationship for health insurance coverage. Try and think of every single time you used it and make sure no one you gave it to didn't give it back or try and retrace your steps when using it, what handbag were you wearing, jacket, etc. Who is the one that registered them for whatever it was needed for.

Last two times I had to use original birth certificate for kids was little league post season play and when I started a new job to add my dependents to my health insurance. Did you have to do anything like that recently ? Maybe also look in the scanner section of your printer (I've been known to leave stuff there for months ) if you made copies and in any folders or places you'd put other papers that were associated with need to show BC like insurance papers, new employee orientation packet, sports papers etc etc

We have a black metal firebox we put all important papers in. It pf you have something like that or wherever you store important papers don't assume because you looked through it once or twice it's not there. Look through the obvious place for them to be 50 times, have someone else look through it again. Your anxiety level is likely high and you maybe be rushing and missing it in the obvious place. Of not there look in the next most obvious place where you keep other important papers but not birth certificates. Chances are unless you gave them to someone and they didn't give them back, they are somewhere in your home. When I really can't find something and and nervous I ask my 20 year old who is calm to look too. It's there

I bet it's there, somewhere,

I did not...tore the house up (it really is a disaster). Family left for Miami tonight, I will head out tomorrow after going to the registrar (will get two copies) and them off to Miami.

Thanks for the concern and replies.

You can try a youtube search for hoe to find lost objects, you'll find methods from everything from psychic ability to psychiatric process to positive thinking (like the secret), I dunno if it will work but it's just another thing to try as I'm sure you've been doing a lot.

As a mother myself I've thought about reasons I needed the kids original BC. One that comes to mind it little league post season play where the coach had to hold on to it throughout the post season then gave it back, other things could be other sports, change in school or after school program, application for government benefits or proof of relationship for health insurance coverage. Try and think of every single time you used it and make sure no one you gave it to didn't give it back or try and retrace your steps when using it, what handbag were you wearing, jacket, etc. Who is the one that registered them for whatever it was needed for.

Wow, I wouldn't want a non-family member holding on to my children's BC. That seems like something that a coach may want to verify a DOB, but if he needed that info, would ask you to make a copy for him. I just can't think of a reason he would need to have the original.

Wow' date=' I wouldn't want a non-family member holding on to my children's BC. That seems like something that a coach may want to verify a DOB, but if he needed that info, would ask you to make a copy for him. I just can't think of a reason he would need to have the original.[/quote']

Little league baseball is super regulated due to scandal involving lying about a child's age. We must give a copy of the birth certificate to the league at the beginning of regular season play, and the league must hold on to the original BC if they go into post season play and have a chance of going to nationals, that's at least how our league interprets it. The coaches usually hold on to their teams BC if we make post season play and returns them to parents at last game or team party

Wow' date=' I wouldn't want a non-family member holding on to my children's BC. That seems like something that a coach may want to verify a DOB, but if he needed that info, would ask you to make a copy for him. I just can't think of a reason he would need to have the original.[/quote']

For tournaments, coaches need to show all the BC's to the officials.

Also, as far as I know, no one has an "original" BC. States usually give out Certified copies; the original is stored by the government. Many people get multiple copies.

Aloha,

John

John

For tournaments, coaches need to show all the BC's to the officials.

Also, as far as I know, no one has an "original" BC. States usually give out Certified copies; the original is stored by the government. Many people get multiple copies.

Aloha,

John

John

Yes not original certified copy . I don't have the original only certified copies .