Navigator of the Seas to get new Sabor Modern Mexican specialty restaurant

mpoole3

The update deck plans are showing a new specialty restaurant called "Sabor" (Modern Mexican Flare) on Navigator of the Seas after her drydock.

Cost is $25pp.

Looking forward for for those reviews from those who are sailing in February.

Source comes from my friend Matt and his Blog site.

Edited by mpoole3

The update deck plans are showing a new specialty restaurant called "Sabor" (Modern Mexican Flare) on Navigator of the Seas after her drydock.

Cost is $25pp.

Looking forward for for those reviews from those who are sailing in February.

Source comes from my friend Matt and his Blog site.

Is the new restaurant on deck 4, where the night club used to be?

I would be very curious to now what "modern Mexican cuisine" is.

Regardless of what it is, I am happy to see Royal trying out new restaurant concepts.

Probably trying to improve on Rita's Cantina, which many compared to fast food mexican.

No promises, but I will try to photograph it. Sometimes they hand out miniature copies, too, which I will collect.

Please do! Menus, Pictures, feedback! I'm sure we all will have a lot of questions.

Thanks in advance! :)

-Michael

To me it's sad to see a Mexican restaurant on any ship sailing from Galveston. We Texans are very particular about our Mexican food. We all have our favorites which no other restaurant can compare. When sailing I want food I can't/wouldn't get at home. Oh well...

$25pp seems extremely high to me for Mexican food. Being from Texas, we have tons of Tex-Mex restaurants and even the nicest ones charge no where near $25 for the most expensive items on the menus. I realize this includes tip but I'm going to have to hear some rave reviews before I'd pay $50/couple for Mexican food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

$25pp seems extremely high to me for Mexican food. Being from Texas, we have tons of Tex-Mex restaurants and even the nicest ones charge no where near $25 for the most expensive items on the menus. I realize this includes tip but I'm going to have to hear some rave reviews before I'd pay $50/couple for Mexican food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's the exact reason I said that I would love to see the menu...but I guess in the price the appetizer, entree, dessert and tip is included and maybe a Tequila (lol)

Edited by Topo Gigio

Hopefully this will be true Mexican food and not Tex-Mex. As others have stated, I doubt the ship will offer better Tex-Mex than can be found in Texas but to have really good, upscale, and authentic Mexican food could be interesting.

Edited by dudaze11

Wow $25 pp for Mexican food onboard a cruise ship.

Being from California we have our Barrios that have Mexican food on every corner since it is cheap and inexpensive to make.:rolleyes:

Maybe they want something to replace Rita's on other ships:confused:

To me it's sad to see a Mexican restaurant on any ship sailing from Galveston. We Texans are very particular about our Mexican food. We all have our favorites which no other restaurant can compare. When sailing I want food I can't/wouldn't get at home. Oh well...

Cuz you Texans are the only people who sail on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Copied from the article.......

Royal Caribbean isn't done adding new things to Navigator of the Seas before she enters drydock next week for her refurbishment. New Navigator of the Seas deck plans show she will get a new specialty restaurant called, "Sabor Modern Mexican".

The Mexican restaurant is a departure from Royal Caribbean's previous Mexican specialty restaurant that first debuted on Allure of the Seas, Rita's Cantina.

The new restaurant will be located on deck 4, where The Dungeon night club used to be.

The new restaurant addition comes with this description about why the cruise line opted to develop a new offering, "Royal Caribbean International is furthering its commitment to total guest satisfaction by introducing a new specialty restaurant on Navigator of the Seas®. Sabor Modern Mexican provides guests an opportunity to enjoy creative yet recognizable modern Mexican cuisine and beverages with polished casual service in a contemporary setting."

The cover charge for this new specialty restaurant is expected to be $25 per person.

Edited by Ladysilver

If it is Gourmet Southwestern Cuisine it might be worth $25. In Fort Lauderdale, Eduardo de san Angel and Canyon would be in that category and they are always busy. Dinner for 2 is over $100.

Rita's is so mediocre that it would seem a mistake to try to repeat anything Mexican for an upcharge.

Edited by royalcruz