Msc Lirica just back from Xmas Cruise

tammez

Hi all you previous cruisers, just a question about the beer on board.

Could you tell me what sort of beer is available eg Heineken, carlsberg etc. husband always at last minute asking the question.

Really looking forward to our rest and relaxation on board.

Many thanks

Jackie

Hi

We had the package which only includes 0.4 ltr draught beer and hubby is pretty sure it was Heineken (memory not what it was!) but in The Lord Nelson pub you could get a pint and he thinks there were a couple of other drafts - but it is a smoking pub so we avoided!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just a few last minute questions before we go on our cruise on Saturday. When we get off at most ports I was wondering is Wifi available as I think it is quite expensive on board, and anyone that has had afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab would they recommend it, is it worth the money? Also the last day of the cruise when the Lirica is in port all day and night are we able to come back on ship at anytime that night.

Thanks in advance

Geraldine

Hi

Wifi is easily available at Dubai port. It's also good at Abu Dhabi port - user name visitabudhabi, password terminalad. At Khor al Fakkan we walked to Oceanic hotel for coffee and wifi - free shuttles available. Muscat advertises free wifi but we couldn't get it to work.

Regarding last night in Dubai - we misread the all aboard sign - it said by 1700 (I think) and we rushed back. However when we got back, the sign actually said all aboard for the Saturday (ie the next cruise!!). There wasn't many people at dinner that night as our waiter said a lot of people go out - he even offered the day before to change our sitting to the earlier one if we wanted. We had to vacate our cabin at 0230 so getting back early wasn't a problem!

We didn't do tea at Burj, but hope this helps - hope you have as good a time as we had!

Heb

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi just a few last minute questions before we go on our cruise on Saturday. When we get off at most ports I was wondering is Wifi available as I think it is quite expensive on board, and anyone that has had afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab would they recommend it, is it worth the money? Also the last day of the cruise when the Lirica is in port all day and night are we able to come back on ship at anytime that night.

Thanks in advance

Geraldine

I ebeen to the Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea. It was on a Friday so couldn't book the Skyview bar, it was on the lobby mezzanine. It was an experience and I guess worth it, of you want to see the inside of the hotel, although you are very limited in which part of the hotel you can see and the time you get to be there.

This year I had afternoon tea in the Sultan's lounge at the Jumeirah Zabeer Saray on the Palm. For me that was a much more enjoyable experience at less cost. There was no time limit and I really enjoyed sitting out on the terrace with great views back to the Marina. It was a little oasis. Service was superb. I also treated myself to a session in their amazing spa afterwards. The JZS didn't have so many courses as the Burj! but as I couldn't finish the 3 tiers they gave me and gave up around course 3 out of 7 at the Burj, it was academic!

So to answer your question, is the Burj worth it? Only if it is important to you to get to visit the hotel. There are loads of places in Dubai that do a lovely afternoon yea experience. Some like JZS also offer an Arabic as well as traditional English version.

Heb and AmoMondo thanks so much for the replies and the information provided. I have found it very helpful.

Geraldine

Forgot to mention, you need to prebook theBurj as it's popular. You also need to have your booking reference with you, or they won't allow you to crossover to the hotel entrance without evidence of your reservation.

Have a great time! You'll be boarding the Lirica when I'm getting on her sister the Armonia - roll on the weekend!

Edited by AmoMondo

Heb and AmoMondo thanks so much for the replies and the information provided. I have found it very helpful.

Geraldine

No problem!

Couple of other pointers - compulsory muster drill is at 1730 on Saturday so you need to be back on board. Also, if going to the Mosques in Abu Dhabi and Muscat they are VERY strict on dress. Must have ankles covered (no cropped trousers) & tops must not be transparent (ie light cotton!) and cardigans must not have holes (ie crocheted). I was initially denied access to both - if in doubt take a pack-a-mac - that works but you'll be roasting!!

Enjoy!

Thanks again Herb for those pointers and Amomondo thanks for the info on the Burj Al Arab, and hope you have a great cruise on the Armonia..I see i am a new time cruiser compared to yourself. This is my third one in the last 2 years. I have got the bug for it now lol

Thanks again Herb for those pointers and Amomondo thanks for the info on the Burj Al Arab, and hope you have a great cruise on the Armonia..I see i am a new time cruiser compared to yourself. This is my third one in the last 2 years. I have got the bug for it now lol

Yeah, cruising is very addictive. I just booked one as a last minute impulse, little did I know what it would lead to!