Cruise for 11 in July, does it have to cost a fortune

Hi All,

We have a very generous friend who wants to take a bunch of us on a cruise. Last year we did this with 8 people in 4 cabins in February for ~7K. This year we have to do it in July and with the addition of 3 more kids. I can't seem to find anything for less than 20K! Looking to spend probably around 10-12K. Our group is a family of 5, a family of 4, and two confirmed bachelors.

Cabin 1 - 1 adult

Cabin 2 - adult

Cabin 3 - 2 adults, 2 kids ages 8&4

Cabin 4/5 2 adults 3 kids ages 8, 5, & 3

We're open to any line except Carnival (did they last year and want to try something new), any destination and our preferred ports are the NYC/NJ or Baltimore area, but we are open to flying if it ends up being cheaper in the long run. We'd like at least a 5 day cruise, longer is ok too and it has to be in July.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi All,

We have a very generous friend who wants to take a bunch of us on a cruise. Last year we did this with 8 people in 4 cabins in February for ~7K. This year we have to do it in July and with the addition of 3 more kids. I can't seem to find anything for less than 20K! Looking to spend probably around 10-12K. Our group is a family of 5, a family of 4, and two confirmed bachelors.

Cabin 1 - 1 adult

Cabin 2 - adult

Cabin 3 - 2 adults, 2 kids ages 8&4

Cabin 4/5 2 adults 3 kids ages 8, 5, & 3

Well the single supplement for cabins 1 & 2 would drive the price up

you are limited in choices at that time of year

RCL , NCL & Carnival will be the lowest priced lines

I agree maybe talk to a TA you should get a group booking rate & maybe some perks for the crowd

I would suggest that the 2 bachelors room together, if that isn't a possibility, at least book 1 kid in the room with them to avoid the single supplement. The kid can actually sleep in the room with mom/dad. Technically, you'd be paying more for the kids, but the overall rate would go down a bit.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

I would suggest that the 2 bachelors room together, if that isn't a possibility, at least book 1 kid in the room with them to avoid the single supplement. The kid can actually sleep in the room with mom/dad. Technically, you'd be paying more for the kids, but the overall rate would go down a bit.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Problem with that. During high season the cruiseline might not book a cabin unless all berths are filled.

Only ships built before 2000 can have extra beds brought in.

OP-Might want to also consider going down a cabin category ie getting OVs instead of Balconies, or obstructed view cabins.