bringing water onto ship

nana by 2

Hi I have heard different stories on this. We are sailing on AOS in March 2014. I am allowed to bring a few water bottles (sealed) when I board.

I know I can bring 2 bottles of wine but wondered about the water

Thanks

You should have no problem bringing it onboard. That being said, the official rules say "no". I have seen postings about security getting tighter and not allowing bottled water or soda on some sailings around spring break.

Steve

We brought a sealed 12 pack of bottled water. I wrapped the package securely with clear packing tape as well to make it more sturdy. Handed to the luggage porter curbside and it was tagged and delivered to my room with all of my other luggage, no issue.

Ship water is fine but it is nice to have sealed bottles to grab as you head off the ship for excursions in the various foreign ports. I figured for the $1.88 the 12 pack cost I had nothing to lose and as long as I am driving to the port, or can have a cabbie stop at Walgreens on the way to the ship, I will always do this.

We put a luggage tag on a 24 pack of water and gave it to the porters with our luggage when we were on the Oasis in October and carried on a 6 pack when were on the Majesty in December. No problems with either! PS also carried on a power strip on the Majesty without problem...

Hi I have heard different stories on this. We are sailing on AOS in March 2014. I am allowed to bring a few water bottles (sealed) when I board.

I know I can bring 2 bottles of wine but wondered about the water

Thanks

You are allowed to bring on 2 bottles of wine? How about Coke

Just tape a luggage tag on it and give to the porters with luggage.

From my Navigator Spring Break Review:

The cabins were ready right at 1pm and my bags had already arrived, along with my case of water!

DSC06172_zpsf472940d.jpg

This seems to vary widely from Port to Port. I was just on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral (Dec. 15th - 22nd) and I did the exact same thing, attached a luggage tag to a case of water (24 bottles) and the porter said "Sorry buddy, we are no longer allowed to check cases of water" I was like "really" and he said yeah "that's my boss right there" and he motioned to another guy that nodded his head in agreement. They did say though that I could carry it on if I wanted to, but I opted not too since the case weighed about 30lbs! I do wonder if I had put it into a bag of some sort if it would of gone right through.

This seems to vary widely from Port to Port. I was just on Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral (Dec. 15th - 22nd) and I did the exact same thing, attached a luggage tag to a case of water (24 bottles) and the porter said "Sorry buddy, we are no longer allowed to check cases of water" I was like "really" and he said yeah "that's my boss right there" and he motioned to another guy that nodded his head in agreement. They did say though that I could carry it on if I wanted to, but I opted not too since the case weighed about 30lbs! I do wonder if I had put it into a bag of some sort if it would of gone right through.

I think you would have been OK if the water was in a bag. Same thing happened to us at PC this past March. Porters would not take an obvious case of water, but took other bags with cases water inside.

Edited by clarea