Wave season

sweetsleep

So when does this actually start?

Thinking about a cruise the first week in March but prices have gone UP recently from what I saw last month on both Royal Princess out of Port Everglades and Caribbean Princess out of Houston.

Availability on both ships is quite good so I would think they will start making discounts after January 1?

I will have to fly from Nashville so airfare/flight availability may/may not be an issue.

From postings that I have seen about Houston that port looks really iffy-surprised they are not discounting it more.

I am curious to at least try the Royal despite the unfavorable reviews. I will not book a balcony cabin if I decide to go and have always booked a balcony or mini-suite in the past.

Any thoughts on waiting? I suspect that we are past finally payment dates so it may pay to wait on booking this?

Thinking about a cruise the first week in March but prices have gone UP recently from what I saw last month on both Royal Princess out of Port Everglades and Caribbean Princess out of Houston.

Availability on both ships is quite good so I would think they will start making discounts after January 1?

I will have to fly from Nashville so airfare/flight availability may/may not be an issue.

From postings that I have seen about Houston that port looks really iffy-surprised they are not discounting it more.

I am curious to at least try the Royal despite the unfavorable reviews. I will not book a balcony cabin if I decide to go and have always booked a balcony or mini-suite in the past.

Any thoughts on waiting? I suspect that we are past finally payment dates so it may pay to wait on booking this?

You are talking spring break especially in March.

Hence the higher prices, and they fill up fast.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thinking about a cruise the first week in March but prices have gone UP recently

My thought is that the lower prices will be found on the cruise just BEFORE that week. Much lower. Saw that last year.

First week o'March, not so much - as it has been noted it's Spring Break.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

What else can princess do? They have a sale every other week

-- balcony bonanza, red white and blue, etc.

They even gave away (essentially) free cruise.

What's left -- paying people to go?

Sounds good to me. Which is why we added two January cruises and I get to live in a suite on one of them. :D

What else can princess do? They have a sale every other week

-- balcony bonanza, red white and blue, etc.

They even gave away (essentially) free cruise.

What's left -- paying people to go?

My former real estate broker said if you travel early in December, they will almost do just that.

I am reminded of the Cleveland Plain Dealer's comment on the efforts made to get people to visit Canton, Ohio during McKinley's front porch campaign in 1896, they said with the railroad subsidies, going to Canton had been made cheaper than staying at home.

What is meant by "Wave Season"??

This is typically the time of year when people book their cruise vacation whether you want to dig your way out of the snow, fill your now free vacation calendar or plan a family summer vacation. So for the benefit of those cruise-minded individuals and the cruise lines alike, the lines tend to offer extra amenities or sales just to help push you over the edge from possible-cruiser to booked-cruiser.

January to March is considered wave season.

Well, I guess that I misunderstood what was being ask. When I think of wave season, it is answered by the following chart:

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

I have used it on two of our last three cruises to get a feel about the sailing conditions. It has proven to be mostly accurate.

Well, I guess that I misunderstood what was being ask. When I think of wave season, it is answered by the following chart:

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=npac_height

I have used it on two of our last three cruises to get a feel about the sailing conditions. It has proven to be mostly accurate.

Wave Season - Surf's up! Even that doesn't mean what it used to now that you "surf" the Internet.