Onboard the Marina..headed to Papeete

computerworks

Amazing Ron! Truly gorgeous pics, thanks for taking the time to post them!

Just got approval from my Doc today to go on our cruise 2/2.....like he was going to stop me. I booked it ages ago knowing I would talk him into a chemo break. Ordering snorkel set of my own tomorrow as I plan to do this for the first time - we will be in the Caribbean.

Diving though must be just incredible!

So many of us are enjoying your postings and doing our countdowns!

Cheers - Terry

Terry,

masks come in all shapes and sizes as to people. Ordering without trying them on is not the best. Go to a local dive shop and they will fit you and show you options. There are many and they don't cost any more than ordering

The proper fitting mask is the most important piece of gear you can get and will make or break your experience..... Don't rush into buying some discount deal or from a sports store who has no experience in diving and snorkeling.

You will be glad you did !!!!

You caught me in the nick of time Hawaiidan! I just came out of REI where I saw NOTHING, and was told to order online. Did buy some great lightweight pants for touring Mayan Ruins...on sale - such a deal.

Now I'm getting a chemo treatment and will go research if this town has a Dive Shop. I'm hoping so....

Thanks for the advice!

Terry

Ron - have enjoyed reading your posts. We're looking forward even more to our first foray on Marina from Papeete in April.

Which hotel are you staying at in Moorea - you've probably said but I can't remember :eek::D!!

Brenda

You caught me in the nick of time Hawaiidan! I just came out of REI where I saw NOTHING, and was told to order online. Did buy some great lightweight pants for touring Mayan Ruins...on sale - such a deal.

Now I'm getting a chemo treatment and will go research if this town has a Dive Shop. I'm hoping so....

Thanks for the advice!

Terry

I assume your in Seattle... plenty of shops. If not Ft Lauderdale and Miami have lots of shops and it only takes a few min to get fitted. Fins and snorkels are all pretty much the same... Masks.... I would go fo Dacor brand

Hawaiidan, I'm in Richmond Virginia! But found a Dive shop and did as you said, so glad, got a super helpful owner who fitted me out. Bought mask and snorkel but figured I could rent fins on the beach or use tours...same for float vest if I want to relax. Very happy with my choice, spent a bit more but well worth it!

Still processing his advice to use Ajax or comet with a wet paper towel to get the wax off the interior of the lenses....have you heard this before?

Ron, thanks for letting us hijack the thred for a moment....

Now I want INSIDE pics of those lovely bungalows over the water....and I have always wondered....what about bathrooms? How does that work?

Interested to know too..are you embedding your pics right into the thread? Or are they housed through Dropbox or some other server?

This has been a great thread - Terry

No problem, Terry. BTW, do check your tours if you snorkel... some provide everything BUT fins.

The bungalows are completely normal rooms... air conditioned and full plumbing. :p ...electric and ethernet.

1524331_10203439139729956_1430470763_o.jpg

1506076_10203439140009963_391831730_o.jpg

Solar panels in the roof to help the hot water...

No problem, Terry. BTW, do check your tours if you snorkel... some provide everything BUT fins.

The bungalows are completely normal rooms... air conditioned and full plumbing. :p ...electric and ethernet.

Solar panels in the roof to help the hot water...

But surely you have glass panels somewhere in the floor to view the fish!

This is a truly beautiful part of the world.. breathtaking scenery and wonderful people. We are really glad we chose this itinerary.

Had our farewell dinner last night...

1014316_10203443012346769_19215752_n.jpg

Bye-bye, beautiful Moorea. Early a.m. ferry back to Papeete. Touring the island, then camping for the day at Le Meridien...to wait for flight out at 10:50 pm

Brenda, we are staying at the Hilton Lagoon Resort. We also visited the Intercontinental and Sofitel... all three are beautiful.

Thanks - we'll be staying there in April. Now I'm doubly excited about the trip. Safe journey home.

Brenda