Is there an advantage to online check-in?

AmyWrites

Since hubs isn't a citizen, it's confusing to pick which document he can use as an ID on the online system, I'm thinking, since I live in San Juan anyway, I can just show up there at 11 am and that way not make any costly mistakes? Has anyone done this? Besides printing the SetSail pass, I can't see a difference, so far...

Since hubs isn't a citizen, it's confusing to pick which document he can use as an ID on the online system, I'm thinking, since I live in San Juan anyway, I can just show up there at 11 am and that way not make any costly mistakes? Has anyone done this? Besides printing the SetSail pass, I can't see a difference, so far...

I would think it would be more costly to show up at the pier and be denied boarding because of lack of proper documents. I'd call Royal and discuss your situation so you don't have any unpleasant surprises at the pier.

I would think it would be more costly to show up at the pier and be denied boarding because of lack of proper documents. I'd call Royal and discuss your situation so you don't have any unpleasant surprises at the pier.

I called them, they said his passport and green card is enough, but I don't want to select something wrong in the online system and then get in trouble because I show up with a different documents. I'm still taking his passport, driver's license, green card, SS card, and every letter USCIS has sent us since 2011 :D

I called them, they said his passport and green card is enough, but I don't want to select something wrong in the online system and then get in trouble because I show up with a different documents. I'm still taking his passport, driver's license, green card, SS card, and every letter USCIS has sent us since 2011 :D

You won't "get in trouble" as long as he has proper documentation to board. Just select one in the online check in and make sure you bring it with you. I would think selecting passport would take care of it. They do ask what country (birth) so you'd be good to go.

You can bring all the documents you want. The advantage to online check in is that it saves you time at check in to board. If you select one, but use a different one (not sure what you'd use as ss card, regular drivers license and letters won't get him onboard) they could fix that. His passport and green card are the two important documents.

Edited by BND